Chapter 42

Serena's POV 

I sighed, throwing the ball off of the pitch. It was my favourite football, I had no idea why. It made me play better. But it was flat and it was starting to tear. Whenever I would train alone, that was the ball I would always use. 

I grabbed another ball and started juggling, using any part of my body to keep it from touching the ground, even Pancakes were added into it. I was alone in the big stadium, Neymar was at a meeting with his manager signing contracts. He invited me to come, but I didn't want too. Who would?

I decided to come to the arena, to clear my mind of some things. The world cup was starting soon, in fact, I would be flying out in a week. At least Thiago Silva was coming over soon. Neymar and him were good friends, and so are him and I. 

"Serena?" I caught the ball and turned around. Gerard and Leo looked at me. "What are you doing here alone?"

"I don't know." I said. "I wanted to think."

"About what?" Gerard asked, setting his bag down. 

"About everything. About Neymar. About the World Cup. About myself." I shrugged, letting the ball drop at my feet. 

"Don't worry, Spain will kick some ass this year. We'll walk away with the title." Gerard smirked and Leo whipped his shoulder with the towel.

"I think we both know that's bullshit." Leo snapped back, all in a playful manner. 

The World Cup. I was so excited. But I'd miss Neymar a lot. Maybe I'll get a chance to see him during the big tournament. I honestly think Spain will really take it this year, again. I'm planning to help that. 

"I'll see you guys later." I said, kicking the ball up to myself and walking to my own bag, zipping it up and walking towards the exit. 

"Wait, why don't you stay with us?" Leo offered. I shook my head.

"I'd rather just be by myself." I told them. "Everyone needs a little alone time right?"

Gerard nodded and I walked through the large stadium to my own car. But I didn't drive, I kind of just sat there. I didn't know where to go. I didn't want to sit alone at the house, but it's all I have. I guess that's it. Thiago would be landing soon, the plan was for him to get a taxi to our place, but I could just go pick him up. 

That's what I'll do. I put the white car into gear and drove to the Barcelona airport, excited to see my friend. When I got there, he was just coming out of customs towards me. I smiled widely and ran over to him. Once he spotted me, he met me in a bear hug. 

"Rena, I've missed you!" He exclaimed.

"I've missed you too, Thiago." I said and grabbed one of his bags, leading him to my car parked up front. 

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asked, getting into the passenger side. 

"He's in a meeting. It should be over in two hours, actually." I said. "Are you hungry?" 

"No, not really. I ate that horrible airplane food since I got desperate." he laughed. 

"Oh, alright. We can just head over to the house, then." I offered. He nodded and turned on the radio, finding a station he liked. 

"So how've you been?" He asked. I shrugged, driving onto the main road back home.

"I've been alright. It's been one big mess, though. I'm sure you've heard." I sighed. He nodded and leaned back in the leather seat. 

"He really loves you, you know." He told me. 

"I know." I replied. 

"He's, uh... Nevermind." he shook his head and furrowed his brows.

"What, Thiago?" I asked curiously. What was he saying?

"I'm not supposed to tell you, I'm sorry, I really am." He looked at me. I rolled my eyes.

Boys are weird.

"Look, all I can tell you is that he has something big planned. But he's nervous because he doesn't think you feel the same way he feels about you." Thiago said.

"Well, I do love him." I said back.

"But how much do you love him, really?" He murmured.

"I have no idea, actually." I thought about it. "I love him like I love football; a lot." 

"But he's head over heels in love with you. He said he'd never be with another girl. He'd only have you." 

"I don't know, Thiago. I don't know!" I said frustratingly. "I fucking love him, I'd spend the rest of my life with him, of course. But sometimes he can be so weird. Like he's afraid I'll run away with someone else." 

"But you'd married him if he asked." 

"Well... yeah. But he wouldn't, not now. It doesn't really seem like he wants to get married. We're still young." I said, calming down. It's true, he wouldn't ask me. 

"You never know." He replied, looking out the window. "You've changed him into a better person." 

"A better person? That doesn't mean he wants to be bound forever with me." I chuckled dryly and pulled up to our house. 

"You never know." He repeated. "You never know." 

Ugh. Why is he getting all hormonal with me? 

"Quit being weird. This is our little time off before the Cup so let's jsut have some fun, alright? None of this confusing shit, okay? Can we just agree on that?" I asked hopefully. He nodded and I popped the trunk, taking his bags out of the car and walking up the front steps. 

"Nice place you got here." He said. 

"It's not mine, but thank you." I giggled and unlocked the door, leading him inside. When you're filthy rich, you can afford such nice things. 

"Oh please, Serena. You pretty much live with him." He teased. I nodded and led him to the second guest room upstairs at the end of the hall. It was the biggest and nicest one, with the TV and Playstation and king size bed. 

"Damn." He laughed and dropped his bag. "It's almost as nice as my own room."

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "Neymar will be home any minute, the meeting ending quicker tan he thought. He texted me that he was on his way home." I heard the front door open. "That must be him." 

"Thanks, Rena." He smiled and followed me down. 

"Hey babe." He smiled when I came up to him, he put his keys on the front table near the door and grabbed my waist, kissing my cheek making me blush.

"Oh, how cute." Thiago smirked. Neymar looked up at him, and his face lit up.

"My man!" He exclaimed, doing one of those weird, male handshake things. 

"The one and only." Thiago laughed and I went to the kitchen, grabbing a coke and sitting on the couch, letting the boys catch up.

I wonder what he meant when he was talking to me in the the car. It was pretty weird. But I shook it off and put my feet up on the coffee table. Whatever it was, it wasn't that much of a big deal. If it's not a bad thing, I shouldn't be worried, right? 

**Holy shit! Did anyone just watch the match between Portugal and USA? Poor Cristiano, he is injured but he's still playing. He fucked up pretty badly on a breakaway but the poor guy has a hurt knee. He showed some of his amazing footwork, though! Thank god for Nani and that last goal!

Question: Favourite defender? Mine is of course Sergio Ramos. He's honestly the best. And Gerard Pique is good. (But Vamos Ramos!) And Thiago Silva. 

I hope Portugal can make it this year! I hope we do something! But that team, holy shit, they are gorgeous am I right? My sexual orientation is the Portuguese NT. 

I hope you enjoyed this update. What do you think Thiago was talking about? 

-Izzy**