Chapter One: Camp Crystal Lake

Your pov

~ In the past ~

     I sat in the back of my mother's car, not wanting to go to this 'summer camp.' Mother sighed as she lit another cigarette. "(Y/n), you need to get out and go to the summer camp," she stated as she puffed out a cloud of lung cancer.

"But, mother, I don't-"

"Ah, ah, ah! No buts! The only buts here is yours going to that camp, " she exclaimed as she waved the cancer stick in between her fingers.

"Mother-"

"Don't you mother me. Go. Now."

     I glared at my 'mother' through my shut eyes and stated, "fine," as I hopped out from the back. I turned towards her before I could close the door and proclaimed, "I hope you have fun being a whore with all those men," just before I slammed the door shut.

     My mother's furious cries and screeches come from inside the driver's side of her car. The window was rolled down, and she threw her head out of the window. She screamed, "how dare you, you ungrateful little shit! Get over here, or else I'll-"

     I cut her off. I opened my eyes just enough for her to spot the anger in my fury-filled, red eyes. "You will be doing nothing but leaving and go be a whore. Now go, before you make me do something you don't want me to do," I said in a calm but threatening manner.

     My mother's eyes widen. Her body trembled as sweat trailed down her makeup covered face. The cigarette fell from her shaking hands. She opened her mouth very slowly and hesitantly and squeaked out, "s-sure. G-go o-on no-now. Yo-ou wou-wouldn't want th-them a-angry now, r-r-right?"

     I turned away from her and shut my eyes once more. She sighed out in relief and turned the car away; leaving me with these snot-nosed brats and slutty camp counselors.

~Time skip to actually going into the camp~

     My feet carried me around the camp. Two counselors were flirting by a cabin; many groups of kids were scattered around; and a large, beautiful lake stood in the centre. I stood by the deck watching the lake move about silently. After awhile of gazing at the lake, I decided I should ask for directions to my cabin. I walked towards the two counselors in hopes of directions.
Once I made my way over, I tugged at the woman's shirt. She turned towards me and scoffed. She said in a high, prissy, bitchy tone, "go away, kid. Go bother someone else. Can't you see we're busy?"

"Come on, Jess, she's lost. Poor little girl," he bent down to my height.

"But, Jacob, we're busy."

"We can sacrifice a bit of time for a kid. After all, that's why we're here, right?"

She sighed and gave up. "Fine. What do you need, brat."

"I'm looking for directions on where to go," I said as I looked towards Jacob and not Jess.

She seemed to be fuming, but she kept in hidden from Jacob. He said, "well, if you haven't eat yet, you should go to the cafeteria. The cook there is nice. Plus, she makes some great pancakes," he finished off with a bright smile.

I gave him a tiny smile of my own. "Thank you, Jacob. You're a kind soul... unlike her." She got even more mad. "If I were you, I wouldn't stay with her. You should meet someone nicer."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Hahaha, thanks for the advice. Now, go on towards the cafeteria. It's the biggest building here."

I nodded and began my venture to find the cafeteria.

~Time skip to finding the cafeteria~

I finally located the cafeteria and walked inside. There wasn't a lot of people in here. Most of them were probably outside enjoying the sun and having fun. I spotted a door with the sign 'CAFETERIA. STAFF ONLY' written on it. I could care less if it said staff only. I entered through the door in search of the nice cook I've heard of.
Once I entered the heavy smell of pancakes were much clearer than out in the eating area. I approached the area where the smell was stronger and saw a woman flipping pancakes and a boy sitting on a stool near her. The boy noticed me first and hid behind the woman cooking the pancakes. She looked down at him and tilted her head. She lifted her head and searched for what had spooked the boy.
She found me and gave me a gentle smile. She turned the stove off and dusted her hands on her apron. She then removed the apron and placed it down. She got on her knees and spoke in a kind tone- almost like Jacob. "What are you doing here, sweetie? Don't you want to go outside and play with your friends?"

"I don't have friends. I came here because a counselor said you were nice and were a great cook."

"Really? Well, how about you test out my cooking and see if it's a great as you were told."

I nodded and waited for her to finish making the pancakes she was doing previously. As I was waiting, the boy came towards me. He twiddled with his thumbs as he avoided eye contact. I, deciding to be kind, spoke first. "Hello, is there something you needed?" I questioned as I tilted my head to the side slightly.

"A-ah, I just heard that you had no friends to play with... a-and I wanted to know if you'd want to be friends with me," he asked in a flustered manner.

My eyebrows lifted as I understood what he wanted. "Ah, yes. The human necessity of other companionship," I responded in a monotoned voice. His eyes scanned me in question. "Ah, nothing. I would be delighted to become friends with you."

His eyes lit up as soon as I said it. "R-really?"

"Mhmm," I nodded as I hummed my response.