Chapter Seven: Glass Jaw

Your pov

He briskly exited through the backdoor before I followed outside. When I exited the door, I found nothing but tall trees everywhere. "Come on, Jason! You know I was terrible at hide and seek!" I yelled into the trees as my squinted eyes tried to look for Jason.

Suddenly, a pair of large arms wrapped around me. I screamed and launched my elbow into my attacker only to receive a deep chuckle. "You're a fucking dick, you know that?" He shook his finger disapprovingly. "What? I can't curse now? Are you my mom?" He grumbled and flicked my forehead. "Whatever, oaf."

I rubbed my head as my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I pulled it from my back pocket to find the word 'Cunt' as the contact. 'You can piss off, mom.' I thought as I let the called ring on. Jason tilted his head in curiosity as my phone buzzed in my hand. "Do you wanna see some cool stuff?" I asked as I shook my phone.

He nodded and sat on the grassy ground. "In the house, oaf." I rolled my eyes and reentered the house.

I took a seat on an old dusted couch and waited for Jason to enter. He entered moments later and plopped on the couch- sending dust everywhere. I began to have a coughing fit as I tried to wave the dust from my face. He gently pat my back as the dust subsided. I put a hand on his arm to say I was fine before bringing my phone up again.
I tapped the Netflix icon and put on (f/s). We watched a few episodes before my eyes began to droop. I rested my head on Jason's shoulder like I did when we were younger and fell asleep instantly.

Jason's pov

After watching something called (f/s), (Y/n) had rested her head on my shoulder. It brought joy filled memories of when we were still kids. She always was cute as a kid. Now.... she's beautiful. I gently brushed a stray hair from her face only to have her shuffle slightly. I froze as I thought I had woken her up until I heard her occasional light snore.
Relief washed over me as I continued to stare at her beautiful sleeping face. I laid her gently on the couch and stood up. I had to keep her here and protect her. She can't leave me alone again. I stood a ways away and stared at her until dawn broke.

Your pov

I woke up to my phone alarm ringing near my head. "Shut the hell up already." I groaned and pressed the snooze button.

Sleep had almost engulfed me once more until I felt a poke at my shoulder. I raised hurriedly on to what I was resting on and put my arms out in defense. I was chinned leveled to someone very tall wearing a mask. I stood confused until the memories of yesterday flooded back. "Jason, you oaf! I almost punched you!" I yelled as I hopped to the floor. "Gross. I got dust all over me." I tried to get as much dust off as possible. "Urgh, I'll be back." I stated as I walked out of the house to the lake.

As I made my way to the lake, I began to discard my dusted clothes and held them until I arrived at the lake. I chucked my dusty clothes into the lake as I bent down and splashed some water onto my face and hair. I pulled my soaked clothes from the lake and walked to the center fire pit. I started the fire quickly with a discarded lighter from the recently deceased director and searched for a large stick to hang my clothes on. A large force came into contact with me right as I had turned.
The large force was Jason. He looked down at me longer than he should have. "Pervert." I claimed as I covered my chest.

He made a strange noise before turning around. "Hey," I punched his arm lightly, "I was just messin'. It's not like it's the first time you've seen me without my clothes. Remember when that spider went in my shirt, and I tried to get it off by taking my clothes off?" A light chuckle came from him as he turned slowly. "There's that laugh. Now, help me find a big stick."

He stood for a moment in what I assumed was curiosity before helping me find a stick. After moments of searching near the woods, something rough and sharp poked my back. I turned to find Jason holding a stick almost as large as me. "Was that a tree root?" He shrugged. "Eh, it'll work. Come on." I motioned back to the low flamed campfire and walked towards it.

     I threw stray leaves and twigs into the flames while Jason hung my clothes on the large stick. As we waited, we heard a loud holler from the front of the camp. "YO! Why are there so many fish on the ground?"

     I turned to see a group of high teenage boys in swimming trunks referring to the dead bodies and their missing limbs scattered around the lake. "Great. Just what I needed." I shook my head.

"Dude, check out the big dude in the mask." One of them nudged their friend as he pointed to Jason and snorted.

"Check out the babe!" Another one pointed to me and whistled. "Damn, she's got a nice figure. I'd love to tap that sweet ass!"

     The moment those words left his mouth, Jason threw the stick to the floor and stomped over to them. I hurriedly followed behind him. "Come on," I grabbed Jason's arm, "They aren't worth it."

"Woah, are you her man or something? I'm sure we could give you a better time than ski ball here." He gestured to Jason.

     I placed a hand over Jason's chest and walked towards the rude druggie. "I've got a better idea."

"Oh yeah? What's that?" He smirked and leaned in.

"I bash your fucking skull in."

"Wha-" Before he could finished, I sent a right hook straight to his jaw: instantly knocking him out.

"Huh, I didn't think he'd have a glass jaw."