Chapter Two: You Damn Bastards!

Your pov

⭐️~Still in the past~⭐️

      As the nice woman was cooking pancakes, me and the boy talked. He said his name was Jason, and I found that name very nice. We kept laughing and joking around until the woman, who I was informed is Jason's mother, spoke to us. "Okay, you two. I finished. Ready to try some?"

"Yeah!" Jason exclaimed as he rushed towards his mother.

     I approached her in a bit of a slower pace than Jason. She handed me a plate and a fork. I gripped them both so they wouldn't fall. I set the plate on the counter gently and dug my fork into it. I brought a piece of the pancakes towards my mouth and bit into the piece.
     A gentle smile spread across my face as I chewed on the pancake. "This is very good, ma'am."

"Thank you. And you can just call me Mrs. Voorhees, sweetie," she said with a great, bright smile.

     I nodded my head towards her in an understandable manner as I kept eating my pancakes. "Oh, who ever was that consoler who said I was a good cook?" She questioned as she finished the last of her pancakes.

     I swallowed the rest of the food in my mouth before answering. "I believe his name was Jacob."

"Ah, yes, Jacob. Such a kind boy that one is. He just hangs around... very bad people."

     I nodded once more as I finished the rest of my food. Once we finished our food, Mrs. Voorhees took our plates and out them in the sink. "Now, why don't you two go play outside? It's sunny and great for playing," Mrs. Voorhees spoke in a gentle manner towards us.

My eyes landed towards Jason as his landed on mine. I searched for any indicator to show if he wanted to go out and play, and he seemed to be doing the same. "Would you like to, Jason?" I asked him.

His eyes lit up as a grand smile took his face. He nodded his head vigorously. Suddenly, he was in front of me holding me hand. "L-let's go!" A red hue took over his face as he smiled at me.

     For an odd reason, it made me smile as well. I hummed a response as he led me outside.

     Once we made it outside, we began to decide what game to play. As we were discussing, a group of other kids approached us. One boy said, "hey, look! It's the freak!"

     Jason's hand tightened around my own as the spoke. 'Freak? Who is that?' I look around us to fine no one else by us. Another girl cried, "ew! Why is she playing with that freak?"

     'Me?' A different boy pulled my arm and said, "why do you play with us instead of that monster?"

     I titled my head. "Monster? What monster?"

"The one holding your hand, stupid."

     Anger grew inside me. "Jason isn't a monster! You're the monsters for being so rude to him!!" I shouted as I shoved him away from me and onto the ground.

     Shock spread throughout the entire group's face. "What's wrong with you!? I'm trying to help you!"

"You're not helping anyone! Leave!" I growled at them. They all jumped and backed away. "And stay away from us!!"

     The boy on the ground stood up and ran back to the group, but not before saying, "this isn't over! You're gonna get it next time!"

     I huffed as they finally left. My eyes turned towards Jason to see him shaking and on the brink of tears. "Jason? What's wrong?"

"Th-they're gonna come b-back, a-and hurt you because of me!"

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "If they come back, they're the ones gonna be hurt."

"Bu-but I don't want you hurt protecting me!"

I gave him a tiny, reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I'll protect you and stay safe." His tears halted and he looked at me with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. He wiped his tears and put a smile on. "Now, come on. We still need to think of a game to play."

"Yeah!" He ecstatically cried out.

Everyday after that, the group would always come back. And every time they did, they always left with another bruise. That was, until my mother arrived one day to take me out of the summer camp.

My mother dragged me by the arm towards the car. I desperately tried to pry my arm away from her. She violently yanked my arm and pulled my closer to her. "First you say you don't want to go, and now you don't want to leave! What the hell is wrong with you kids?! Hurry up and get in the car!" She screeched at me as she threw me into the car.

I sat down in anger as I looked out of the window. As my eyes traveled through the scenery of the camp, I witnessed Jason being chased by a few of the group members. I gasped as I fiddled with the door handle. When I finally opened it, they were already at the dock. I ran as fast as I could; before I could make it a few feet away from the car, my mother snatched my hand. "Where the hell do you think you're going!? Get back in the car!"

As she was pulling me back to the car, they shoved him into the lake. "NO!!!"

I witnessed as he struggled for breath. His arms reaching out for help as water filled his lungs. His pleads and cries to a consoler, to anyone! Soon, he cries were drowned by the water as he was too. I sobbed at the death of my own friend by the heinous actions of people who thought they were better than others.
Suddenly they all turned around. Their faces misshapen. Hideous black images were plastered on their never ending smiling faces. They approached me in a jagged, miscalculated arrangement of footsteps. My foot weakly moved backwards in an attempt to run away.

"(Y/n)...." they cried menacingly.

More tears streamed down my now wide, horrified eyes. "N-no, y-you sh-sh-shouldn't-"

"(Y/n)... you let him die. YOU were the that killed him..... because you were too weak and slow."

"No! I-I tried to help. I-I tr-tried t-to save him. I-"

"WEAK!!! YOU KILLED HIM!! (Y/n)... (Y/n)......."

"(Y/n)!!"

I suddenly lurched in my seat and threw a fist at the figure speaking. "Gah!! Son of a bitch!" 'Ooh's were heard everywhere near the back of the bus. My slitted red eyes were greeted by fury filled brown ones. "You still got that right hook I see."

I calmed when I saw it was only Thomas. The bastards who pushed him in. "And you still got that bitchy attitude and shitty face," I retorted.

More laughs and cries of 'ooh's were heard. He had no comeback to that which only brought more attention to this situation. Oh, how you hated attention. Something about if felt so... wrong. Yet while you despise it, some people desperately go out in search for it. It racked your brain about how something so irrelevant seemed like life and death now-a-days. "Hey! Quiet in the back! We're almost there!" Hollered the bus driver.

We all silenced as to not be in more trouble than we already were. The bus stopped and the director for this fiasco rose from his seat in the front of the bus. "Alright, everybody! Grab your stuff and watch your step! We're here! At Camp Crystal Lake!!"