Chapter 16

**JAKE'S POV**

I don't know what happened to me and I slapped Olivia. Nakita ko ang takot at kaba sa kanyang mga mata. I f*cked up so bad! All I saw was red by that time. Hindi ako nagseselos, never akong maseselos. Bakit ako nagseselos kung alam ko naman na hindi ako iiwanan ni Olivia dahil patay na patay siya sa akin? Iyong lalaki sa café, nagagalit ako sa kanya. Akin lang si Olivia, akin lang dapat.
After I slapped Olivia, I went down to the bar and had a drink to myself. Nag cool off ako, kasi baka anong magawa ko kay Olivia, baka hindi ako makapagpigil at sobra pa sa sampal ang magawa ko, baka pagsisihan ko pa. After I had my drink, pumunta ako sa front desk and asked to stay in a room across from ours. Mabuting malapit ako kay Olivia, baka merong mangyari masama, pero this hotel is the best! Ugh! Why am I caring for her? Shit! Stop it Jake! Stop this nonsense! YOU'RE better than that, Olivia can't replace *her* in your heart. *NEVER*.
Ang mga nagawa ni Olivia noon mahirap intindihin, hindi ko alam kung ano nakain o sinapian ba sya dahil ganoon lang ka grabe ang mga nangyari. Dahil sa ginawa niya, nawala ang aking pinakamamahal. Dahil sa kanya akala ko mababaliw ako sa pag-ibig.

We had breakfast and na resolve ko na ang nangyari kagabi. I have to make it up to her. Right now, I need to focus in getting the deal and persuading the investors. Kailangan ng company namin ang deal na ito or else we will lose everything. Damn! Why did we end up like this? I did everything! If I get this done right, there's a higher chance that the The Anchor will be saved. It's my only hope.

"Good day Mr. Jake, I expect that you will be able to explain to us the status of your company and why we should invest on it."

Mr. Fetoccini is straight to the point. Walang padalos-dalos and I have to enlighten them what The Anchor can give and offer to their company. The Anchor is a clothing and shoe brand but we are most likely known for the latter.

"Good day to all of the board. I am here to present The Anchor as a good investment in the likes for your company. The Anchor is not just a brand, it is always more than that. The Anchor will be able to give you the best materials that we have for the best of the people. We don't settle for the less, we live up to the expectations and I promisory all of  you that The Anchor will be able to sail high like never before with the support from your company. "

"Well, well, well. Hmmm, it seems that The Anchor can benefit us but I hope that it would end up as a broken promise. I and the board will talk for a moment. "

And the waiting game begins. God, I hope matutulungan ninyo ako sa deal ngayon. Ito nalang ang natitirang chance ng company namin. Please give US this deal, please. Mga 5 minutes din naguusap ang board at kahit merong aircon dito, pinagpawisan pa rin ako sa kaba. Eto na, malalaman ko na if I would be able to save The Anchor or not.

"Mr. Jake, the board members and I have decided to invest in your company. It was a tough decision. And remember, I don't like broken promises, specially if it will end up in a chaotic failure. Understood?"

"I won't let you down Mr. Fetoccini. I and the  board will do our very best to give you a positive outcome. And I have never broke a promise. I will work hard for this and thank you again Mr. Fetoccini. "

He smiled at me and we seal the deal with a handshake. Thank you God! Masasave ko pa ang The Anchor. There's still a chance to revive that spark our company lose. This calls for a celebration. I shall make it up to Olivia, she needs this after all the sh*t that I've done to her.

**OLIVIA'S POV**
Hmmm. Ang ganda ng tulog ko, after what happened last night ngayon lang ako nakakuha ng peaceful sleep. What time na ba? Tiningnan ko ang watch and to my shock 2:30 p.m na! Naku po baka late na ako sa date namin ni Jake. Napabango ako at doon ko lang narealize kung nasaan ang ice bag. Teka, hours ago nakapatong pa iyon sa mukha ko. Then something caught my attention, si Jake lumabas sa bathroom na naka pang casual attire na medyong basa pa ang kanyang buhok. Agad ako napahiga ulit kasi hindi pa ako masyadong nakakarecover sa ginawa niya sa akin.