CHAPTER 28

"Olivia"

I felt someone is stroking my hair and I can't help but to look who it is. As I opened my eyes, it was no other than Jake, looking at me intensely with tired eyes. Something is bothering him. I know for myself that what happened earlier wasn't just a fight, it is more than that. I touched Jake's  hand and held it.

"Jake?"

"Olivia, promise me."

"Promise you? About what?"

"Just promise me, no matter what happens, you'll stay."

"What's wrong, Jake?"

"Just say it Olivia."

"Okay, I promise."

After I said those words, Jake immediately hugged me and inhaled deeply. His head at crook of my neck.

"Jake, bakit mo naitanong yan?"

He looked at me intently in the eyes and held my face between his hands and leaned in to kiss me. A very long and passionate kiss. The kiss felt different, scared and sad. After the kiss, our foreheads touched and he inhaled again. Deeply. Our noses bumped to each other and only silence hovering around us.

A few minutes later, I sat straight and looked at Jake's eyes intently. I can't have peace and energy to last long if I won't ask the question.

"Jake?"

"Yes, Olivia?"

"Do you still love *her*?"

He flinched and cut our eye contact. It's enough for me to understand what it means. I know now the answer. You still win Kalilah.

"Jake, will I ever have the chance?"

"The chance to what?"

"The chance to let me love you."

"Stop it, Olivia. This is all business. The marriage, the company, everything."

Ang sakit na marinig galing sa bibig ni Jake ang mga salita na iyon. I know he will never love me like he used to before, pero the way he said it? It all seems like a game to him, a prize that he wants to win and have.

"Let's just go to dinner. I'm gonna prepare. "

Agad akong umalis sa kama at nagprepare sa babanya. Tumingin ako sa salamim at nakikita ko ang namumuong luha sa aking mga mata. Wag kang umiyak, Olivia. Hindi ka ganyan! I wiped my tears away as it flows, act like nothing happened. Like he didn't said it.
I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled widely. That's it, smile it away, like you used to. Like before. Para kang tanga! Umiiyak ako habang nakasmile, hahaha you're a crazy b*tch Olivia! Hanggang diyan lang talaga ako.

Ngayon nandito na kami sa restaurant, pero iba ito, The Anchor has 3 restaurants inside, the one near the beach, the other one at the back and this one in the middle of the resort. Kumakain kami ngayon kasama sila Mr. Muzcoso, Mr. Adams, Charlie and my cousin na si Clark. He finally arrived this afternoon.

"So Mr. Muzcoso and Mr. Adams, what are your plans regarding with your stay in our resort?"

Deretsong tanong ni Clark. Si Clark ay pranka at walang paligoy-ligoy when it comes to business.

"Well, we wanted to see if it has potential, and base from our stay so far, it has more than the potential. For sure this resort of yours will boom."
Sabi ni Mr. Adams.

"Is it for sale?"

Tama ba ang narinig ko? Ano ba ang plano ni Charles?

"If you mean The Anchor, well- NO." Stern pagkakasabi ni Clark. Family company ang The Anchor and isa sa nagmamanag nito ay si Clark.