Chapter 1: Shadow's boring life(rewritten)

(Narrator's POV)
He wasn't the luckiest guy he would say to myself while walking down the halls. The maids and the butlers wore a scared face on them after they pass by the man that they refuse to make eye contact with. Why are they scared of him anyways? Well he wouldn't blame them since he never even like talking. Was it before? Well probably since it's all he can think of. How he became so selfish and terrifying to others. Shadow wasn't viewed as a prince before the incident.
Back then, when he was younger, he had someone to play with. Someone he can laugh with, hangout out, and run around with. He was more outgoing and he had every reason to be happy if it means he gets to see her smile.

That all ended until a attack happened that cause her to not make it. She was the princess of the kingdom and she was the only child, meaning that her father had to pass it down to someone that knew the kingdom more like him.
Which is why, after he died, he passed the throne to the boy that called his daughter his friend. Shadow promised he would make the kingdoms great again, that even after a incident like this where he lost a father and his best friend, he will not fail.
But that didn't mean he promised to stay happy. That didn't mean that every trade and resources he gain, he would call his workers friends. Allies are the only level of trust he can believe in and nothing more.
He walks to his door and opens it, revealing the dark room he has been comfortable with for years of staying in the castle.
He didn't have a home back then before he met the king, before he met his childhood friend, before he had a room to call his own. He was just a poor child with no home and was later brought in after meeting the king in the streets. The king had a soft spot for him and thought his daughter could grow up with a friend to entertain her.
He will admit that those were his favorite memories. He sits down on his bed and looks up at the ceiling. He couldn't figure out why he didn't want to get closer to someone, to have a friend, to maybe even finding a partner. That idea blew away in his mind as he lays down and sleeps under a bright white moon above him.

The next chapter will be about pinkie and how her life is very different from shadow's.Sorry that it wasn't very good yet,but I promise it will be.
See ya!!
(Edit) I'm editing the chapters so that I can keep shadow's character in line since I feel like I made his character differently than before.