Chapter 4:The female knight

Shadow and Sonic has return to Sholio to rest and settle for tomorrow when the kingdom will have a meeting with other two kingdoms:
Eden and The Grayling kingdom.
Eden:the kingdom to meet the king and queen who would help them with getting supplies and expanding the kingdom for new protection.
Grayling:The kingdom where they have strong soldiers and good ways to build traps.
Shadow was in his room getting ready to pick out an outfit when.

Knock knock

"Come in!" Shadow said putting his outfit on before the person opens the door. Surprise he sees his guard and childhood friend outside the door.
"Jeez why you look like your dad who just went to a funeral?!" The guard laughed seeing her childhood friend look ridiculous.
Marinette the hedgehog.

His childhood friend.

And the only female who is gets long with him.

"Yeah yeah I know I look funny but father wants me to look presentable for the two families coming." Shadow said waiting for Marinette to leave so he can continue getting dress.
"Well the families will be coming early so try to hurry up." Marinette says leaving.
"Jeez that women."
Shadow says putting on an outfit.
It was actually great to have someone who understands him a little bit.

(Back when he was 5 years old)
"Shadow my son,this will be your new guard for you. She's your age!!" Shadow's father says looking at his son who isn't really amused by this.
The guard however is not liking this either.
"Um...hi?"  She says reaching out to his hand as a hand shake.
Shadow returns it awkwardly.
"H-Hello.."

Shadow was able to talk to her a lot since the maids and other people are hard to talk to for passing the time. She even wanted to help him date someone-Wait speaking of dating.
Shadow still remember that girl from the party. He wonders if she was someone he knew-
"P-Prince Shadow? You father is waiting." A maid says at the door leaving.
"Here goes nothing." Shadow said to himself before opening the door to go to the entrance.