Chapter 9: Meet My Family?

Rose's POV

I wake up the following morning and can feel Jeff in my bed, his front pressed up against my back, with his breath fanning across my neck. I find this position with Jeff really... safe?

I sigh in comfort. I hear footsteps heading towards my door. I start to panic. "Jeff get up, my mom or Gabe will be in here any second!" "Mm... five more minutes..." "Jeff! Now!" I whisper louder.

"Rose honey, who are you talking to?" my mom asks while knocking on the door. "Just myself mom!" I yell back. Jeff won't get up, so, I resort to smacking him. He immediately shoots up in pain holding his left cheek. "What the fuck was that for Rosie?" Jeff yells at me angrily.

I don't even get to worn him before mom and Gabe burst in the room. I look at Jeff to see him reaching in his hoodie. He pulls out a knife and lunges at my mom.

"JEFF NO!" I shout and tackle him to the ground, before he reaches my mom. "She. Is. Going to call the cops!" while saying this, he tries to get me off of him. I look over to see my mom with her phone...

"Mom, listen to me. He won't hurt you if you put the phone down... Please mom don't turn him in..." I guess she heard the pleading tone in my voice because she put the phone down. "Now mom, you two go downstairs, and I'll talk to him and we can all sort this out ok?"

"Fine... Gabe lets go." they finally leave my room, and I get off of Jeff and look at him. "Jeff you need to promise me, not to hurt my mother, or her fiance..." "Why should I do that!? They just tried to turn me in?!" "I promise you that they won't ok? Now we need to go down there, and explain... ok?" "Fine..."

I can tell that Jeff isn't looking forward to this. As we walk downstairs he starts playing with his sleeves... I see mom and Gabe sitting on the couch when we get down there.

"Mom, Gabe, this is Jeff... Jeff, this is mom and Gabe." they all just stare at each other. "Mom I need you to promise me, that you won't turn him in, along with Gabe." as I say this, I see Gabe smirk, luckily it went unnoticed by Jeff.

"Well, Rose, I hate to break it to you, but I already called." my eyes widen and Jeff lunges with his knife. I don't bother to stop him, as he digs his blade into the heart of Gabe. He has blood spurting out of his mouth, as my mom's crying...

"Why? Why didn't you stop him?" My mom hiccups. I ignore her and I hear Jeff say, "Go. To. Sleep." to Gabe one last time as he slices his throat, and guts him.

I hear police sirens in the distance, and start to panic. I look over at Jeff and we run up to my room. "Jeff you need to get out of here!" Jeff walks over to me slowly. I'm not scared of him anymore, he's done it before. He cups my left cheek with his hand, as I look at him panicked.

"I'll be back tonight, stay safe. I'll be alright." He whispers to me. Before he leaves he bites his bottom lip. I watch intensely as he walks to the window, opens it, and jumps out.

"Be safe Jeff..." is all I whisper, before I slip into a dark sleep from stress.