Chapter 24: My Talk With EJ

Rose's POV

EJ led me out to the garden that Slender watches extra carefully. I'm really curious as to what he wants. EJ stops us in front of the daisies. "Listen Rose, I have a very important and serious question to ask you." I tilt my head to the side, probably making me look cuter than usual. "Well EJ, you have my undivided attention. Ask away." I smile. 

"Ok Rose... we have known each other for a little while now, I was just wondering if you'd like to maybe... go on a date with me... sometime." I still have a smile on my face, but it turns into a fake one. I don't really like EJ like that. If Jeff were to ask... I would accept. But, I don't want to hurt EJ's feelings. "Sure EJ. When do you want to go out?" "How about... Friday at midnight?" I smile at him and nod my head. "Sure EJ that's ok.." We walk back inside together and Jeff is downstairs. I look over at him and mouth to him help me. He gives me a weird look. I forgot that he doesn't know how to read lips. 

I walk past him and whisper, "Meet me upstairs... In your room please..." Jeff nods his head and follows me upstairs. As soon as I get to his room, I face plant onto his bed. "Jesus, Rose, what has gotten into you?" "Jeff... it's EJ. He asked me out on a date for Friday at midnight. I don't want to go, but I can't hurt his feelings." at the end of this Jeff looks like he just got shot in the head. "Well Rose, that's easy. Tell him you're not interested in him that way, and that you have your eyes set on someone else..." "That's the thing Jeff, I am interested in someone else... I just don't know if he feels the same..." Jeff nods his head. "Alright lets go downstairs and socialize with the other people shall we?" Jeff asks in a fancy accent pretending to stroke his imaginary mustache.

I just giggle and nod my head. As we approach the bottom of the staircase, EJ starts to walk up. As he passes Jeff and I, I couldn't help but notice the awful look that Jeff gave him. 'I wonder what that was for.' I think to myself. Honestly everything in this mansion is getting weird... I think I just need to take a walk. "Hey Jeff. If anyone asks where I went, just tell them that I went for a walk." Jeff nods his head in agreement and takes off for the living room.

I walk out of the mansion and into the woods to find a peaceful place to relax. I notice a meadow off in the distance. I decide to go over there to check it out. When I get there, I notice how much it looks like the meadow in my dream where Slender first appeared. I start to get slightly confused. I notice the path that I walked down in my dream. I take a look around and decide that I will see where the path leads me. Sure enough, at the end of the path, stands the same old abandoned looking cabin like the one in my dream. Everything is starting to get a little crazy... Why would the same meadow and cabin exist. I chose not to go inside the cabin and just leave to find a different spot.

I continue to search through the damn woods to find what would be a nice comforting spot. After about five more minutes of searching, I come across a gorgeous pond. The water was so clear you could see through it... There were little Lily Pads floating in the water with white flowers on them. "I feel like taking a quick swim..."