Chapter 18: Who Killed My Mother?

Jeff's POV

I am so not looking forward to talking to her about where her mother is. I just hope that she doesn't wake up until noon so I don't have to explain this to her and she has her memory back. I don't want to loose her trust even if I don't have it. She means a lot to me and I have no idea why. 

I'm currently downstairs trying to find something for breakfast, when I hear a creak coming from Rose's room. I hear her yawn and she walks out, only in a tank top and underwear like usual. "Good morning Jeff." "Morning Rose." I notice her look down at the blood stain on the floor from last night. "Jeff, why is there a blood stain in my house?" I notice the time it's 11:50. Just ten more minutes. 

"Jeff will you answer me?" "Well uhm, your mother had an accident." by now she is sitting on the couch and I'm standing in front of her. "Jeff... did you kill my mother?" "What? No! Don't you believe me?" "Jeff, you already killed Gabe, why wouldn't you kill my mother?!"  "After all this time, you still don't believe me?" "Why should I..." "Do you trust me?" I ask, hoping she'll say yes.

Rose's POV

"Do you trust me?" Jeff asked. I just silently sit here, thinking. 'Why should I trust him, when he made my life a living hell?

"Jeff, I can't trust you. You've hurt me to much..." I say this all while looking down at my hands. I close my eyes when I hear something hit the floor. I look down near my feet to see that Jeff has dropped his knife. 

I look up and realize he is no longer here. 'Why does my head hurt?' I start to remember everything that had happened last night. Oh God... "Jeff... please be careful..."