Adapting

Note: OK. SO FINALLY AFTER SO LONG I HAVE FELT INSPIRED TO CONTINUE WRITING THIS STORY. I mean I love it and I want to continue it but it's difficult since I feel that it's rushed a bit but...whatever you guys seem to be enjoying it anyways. 

Also there's a part in here that's an easter egg to a part in the Halo 3 game when Chief finds Cortona--One of my favorite scenes btw :3!

Oh yeah and I changed the writing from first person to second person view so let me know if you prefer first or second in the comments.

Okie, ENJOY!

It was stuck in your mind all day.

Knowing you had an expiration date.

You felt like a person learning they had a lethal disease with only eight or nine years left to live.

Only, the due date weighed more heavily on you since it was several years, not a year.

You'd much rather prefer months than years of expectancy truthfully, so the dread didn't stay in your mind as long.

Chief, of course, quickly noticed your lack of speaking that you normally did. You were adjusting to a new body so he was guessing that was what was bugging you.

He wasn't much of a talker, much less knowing how to comfort people.

But you weren't freaking out about being an AI specifically.

You were sitting on the couch with your knees to your chin watching the TV. Hero was curled up beside you sensing your anxiety but he had given up after some time knowing there was nothing he could do. It was like you were in a coma.

There was some action movie playing but you were too lost in your anxious thoughts to pay attention.

"(Name)?"

You jumped feeling a hand touch your shoulder, when you looked up you saw it was Chief.

"Are you okay? I called your name many times."

"S-Sorry just...daydreaming I guess..." You mumbled rubbing your lower legs.

"Is it your new body?" Chief asked.

"Uh. Kinda. I-I'm gonna go for a walk." You mumbled standing up.

Before Chief could say anything you got up from the couch and hurried out the door. You held your arms close keeping your head slightly down as you briskly walked past people.

Many gave you strange looks but you didn't care until you accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry." You mumbled.

You looked up and saw it was a soldier with a couple of his buds. You recognized him, he and one of his buddies were the soldiers you had beat up when you had left the hospital weeks ago, He arched an eyebrow in judgment looking you over.

"What the fuck are you?" He rudely asked.

"Eh?"

"Tt, the UNSC is making scrap metal now." One of his colleagues scoffed.

"I am not scrap metal!" You shouted, clenching your fists.

One of the men shoved you and you stumbled back.

"You're a fucking AI in scrap-metal poorly designed as a human--you're not human. You can't feel emotions. You can't even cry."

You growled yet, you realized their words were indeed true.

You weren't human.

You couldn't cry.

You couldn't feel emotions the same as you used to.