Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

I waited at the rooftop. The thing I was waiting for...I didn't know. I guess I was just waiting. Maybe I was just waiting for all this to end. I wanted to wake up and escape this dream or nightmare or whatever you wanted to call it.

There was no one up here. It was peaceful. The sound of the breeze passing by filled my ears and helped me relax a bit more.

Now that I think about it, the concours was coming up soon and I still haven't picked a piece yet. Something that reflected my true self...what could that possibly be? I didn't even know what to do so how was I supposed to find myself?...

"You're up here?" asked Len.
"Yeah."

It felt like we had distanced ourselves from each other. I wanted to reach out to him so badly as he stood next to me, watching everyone from above...but I couldn't. He was so close, yet so far.

I bit my lip to stop myself from saying unnecessary things that may make things worse. I wished Haku-nii was here...he could always make me forget about the bad things.

"Have you picked a piece yet?" he suddenly asked.
"No, not yet. What about you?"
"I'm still deciding."

I simply nodded in reply and we continued to stand here in silence. I secretly glanced at him, watching as he stared at the clouds.

I couldn't do this anymore. I had to get away before my feelings took control. The overwhelming emotions that I had...I had to push them back down and hopefully forget them. The close friendship I had with Len was gone so it was almost impossible that we could become something more.

"I'm going back now."

He just nodded and returned to his deep thinking. My heart felt like it was being torn apart. It was a terrible feeling...unrequited love. A part of me wished for him to tell me to stay but logic took over and said that it was impossible...that he loved Hino more than he loved me.

"(Y/n)."
"Keii!"

I immediately pulled him into a tight hug. I was too selfish. I didn't even think about my best friend. He was always right by my side and yet, I hadn't bothered to talk to him.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone."
"Don't worry, I wasn't alone. You were always by my side," he said with an innocent smile.
"Keii..."
"Should we go practise?"

I nodded but the bell ruined our plan. I waved goodbye before reluctantly heading to class, where I would have to bear the tension in what felt like a classroom that was too small for the amount of feelings I kept hidden from the world.

Haku's POV

I couldn't resist it. Ai had me wrapped around the tip of her finger. No matter how much I tried to use my head, my heart would always win in the end.

I thought I had moved on...but I realised just then that I still had feelings, no matter how small they were, for this girl that had broken my heart.

"Haku, come back to me," she exclaimed, almost pleaded.

I didn't know what to do. She betrayed me, she broke me...so what was keeping me from moving on? I needed answers to the millions of insecurities I kept bottled up inside.

"Is it because of your sister? Is she keeping you from getting back together with me?" Ai asked.
"No, (Y/n) has nothing to do with this. This is my problem and I'm not getting her involved again."
"Then what's taking you so long to decide? Is there really something you need to think about?"
"Yes! There are tons of things I need to think about!"
"Like what? I don't understand-"
"Tch, of course. You never understood."
"What?"
"You never took the time to understand anything..."

She grabbed my hand but I pulled away. Damn it! I didn't know what to do! I wanted (Y/n) here right now...she always knew what to do...

Len's POV

I watched as (Y/n) walked home together with Shimizu. She looked at ease...I clenched my fists. Why?...why was I the only one who didn't have someone to rely on?

Hino ran up to me with a smile on her face, as if something good had happened. What was she so happy about? Everything was so different! It was all so unfamiliar...so how was I supposed to keep acting as if nothing was wrong?...

"Tsukimori, are you going home now?" Hino asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"I was wondering if you would want to go somewhere, like to a cafe or something..."
"Sorry, but can we do that another time?"
"Sure, whenever you're free. I can always make time for you."
"Well, sure sounds like you have a lot of free time," exclaimed the dark-haired boy that Shimizu claimed to be (Y/n)'s brother.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to pick up (Y/n). Why? Got a problem with that?"

Pick (Y/n) up? But I saw her walking with Shimizu a while ago...I pushed past him but he grabbed onto my arm. I glared at him but he simply smirked and pulled Hino by the arm.

"Let her go."
"Oh? So you really are protective of this brat. It's sad how you never showed this kind of 'affection' for my sister."
"What the hell do you know?"
"I know a lot of things. And I know that you were planning something behind my sister's back, you bastard."
"Planning what?"

He chucked his phone at me. I caught it and looked at the screenshot. Someone had sent him a screenshot of me texting (Y/n) things I wouldn't have even imagined.

"Who sent this to you?"
"That doesn't matter."

I checked the next photo, which was another screenshot of me texting someone who I didn't even know. The texts were rearranged in such a way which seemed like I was planning to get rid of (Y/n).

"Now...tell me why you were going to do this to my sister before I wreck this girl's face," her brother threatened.