Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s POV

Keii and I headed to the park after school. Haku-nii said that he had to work overtime so asked me to go home a little later. I was okay with that.

"Should we practice here?" Keii asked.
"Yeah, sounds good."

I got out my violin while he got out his cello. We decided on a random piece that just happened to be the first thing we flipped to. Well, it didn't really matter what piece we did. Keii and I practiced a lot together, so we could play duets for almost every song we had.

I started playing, allowing the sweet sound of our instruments to fill my ears. Keii flashed me a small smile, which caused me to smile too.

I was so caught up in the drama involving Len and Hino that I almost forgot the joy of playing the violin. I was grateful that Keii agreed to practise with me after school. This moment couldn't end...

"Wow, you two kids are great!" exclaimed a passerby.
"*smiles* Thank you, sir."
"Play us some more!" said another.

I looked over at Keii. He met my gaze and nodded.

Len's POV

"Listen, I did not send any of those horrendous texts to (Y/n) nor do I plan to 'get rid of her'."
"Then how do you explain this?!" (L/n) asked angrily while holding up his phone.
"I don't know!"
"Why don't you know?! You're clearly the one that sent this to (Y/n)!"
"How are you sure that that was me?!"
"This is your number, correct?"
"...yeah, but-"
"Answer me! Or this girl gets it," he said while holding Hino's arms above her head.
"Let her go! She has nothing to do with this!"
"Nothing to do with this?! She ruined (Y/n)'s relationship with you!"

I took a moment to register what he just said. Hino...ruined my relationship with (Y/n)? T-that wasn't true. I won't believe it. Hino was a nice - although sometimes annoying - girl. She didn't ruin my relationship with anyone...

"Oi Tsukimori, tell me why you were going to get rid of my sister."
"I am not trying to get rid of her! How many times do I have to say that?!"
"Well then, do you have any evidence to prove your innocence?"
"Go ask (Y/n) herself! I definitely did not send any of those texts to her."

This time, I could only watch as he held Hino closer to his body and smirked mockingly. What was he going to do? Hino's eyes widened in fear and shock as (L/n) punched her stomach.

"If you don't stop, I'll call the police."
"The police? Ha, you think they scare me? They're just a bunch of righteous losers."
"I'm serious. You wouldn't want (Y/n) to worry, right?"
"I'd hate for her to worry, but I can just show the police these screenshots I have."

Damn it, what was I supposed to do? I could tell that he wasn't the type of person that could be convinced very easily.

(Y/n)'s POV

I laughed as Keii dropped his ice-cream on the floor. He pouted, but I couldn't stop laughing. He was too busy staring at the little puppy that he completely forgot about his vanilla ice-cream.

"(Y/n), that's mean," he exclaimed with a slight frown.
"Don't worry, Keii. You can have mine. I haven't touched it yet."
"But-"

Before he could protest, I handed him the ice-cream and made him eat it. That was when I got a call from Haku-nii. Was he finished with his business now?

"Hey Haku-nii, can I-"
"(Y/n), you don't mind meeting me at school, right?"
"I don't mind."
"Great, see you soon."

Keii looked at me in confusion. I simply ruffled his hair while he continued to stare at me like a lost puppy. Sometimes he was just too cute.

"I'm going to meet my brother at school. Guess I'll see you later."
"Okay, bye (Y/n)..."
"Bye Keii."

I waved before taking my leave. The walk to school was peaceful as the leaves rustled in the cool breeze. The smell of fresh air was refreshing and calming.

I shouldn't let myself be caught up in Hino's web. I had stupidly ran right into her trap, but I wouldn't do that anymore. Len didn't matter to me anymore... After all, there was no point in a relationship when only one person felt differently.

"(Y/n)!" Haku-nii called out.

I smiled and walked towards him. He stopped me before I could go any further. Huh? Who was that? My eyes widened as I realised what was happening behind him.

Len was kissing Hino, or had she forced herself onto him? Well, whichever way it was, they were kissing.

I could feel my heart crumbling. Len's eyes met my tearful gaze. It seemed like he didn't do anything to stop the kiss. Had he really thought that I was an unimportant part of his life?...

Haku-nii turned me around and pulled me away. I gripped his jacket tightly, letting the tears fall. It was painful, too painful. I've had feelings for Len for a long time...

"Geez (Y/n), you're too soft sometimes," Haku-nii exclaimed gently.

He wiped my tears away and told me not to cry anymore.

"You know what? He doesn't deserve you. That jerk doesn't deserve a girl like you."
"But-"
"Forget about him. He's not worth it."

Forget about him...I should do that. If only it was that easy...Did Len really not care about me at all? Was Hino the only important part of his life? But we were friends for so much longer...

When we arrived home, I got a message from Hino. Why the hell would she message me?

Hino: Len's all mine now :)

I threw my phone across my room and collapsed to my knees. I...hated her.