Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

I closed my eyes, waiting for all this madness to go away but all I heard was a loud thud. I didn't dare open my eyes just yet, expecting some other creepy guy to be towering over me.

Suddenly, I felt someone touch my shoulder. My hand instinctively shot up but the person's other hand grabbed onto my arm before it could reach him.

"(Y/n), it's me."

Who's voice was that? Why did it sound so blurred? It felt like I was supposed to know this person, but why couldn't I recognise his voice? It was so familiar yet so distant...

"(Y/n), open your eyes."

I couldn't...they were squeezed shut. I felt drowsy...it would be so nice to go to sleep right now. I wanted to go to sleep, despite the danger alarm going off in my head. It seemed to say 'it's dangerous to fall asleep here', but I was too tired to listen.

"(Y/n)!"

Ugh...this person's yelling was really starting to irritate me. Why couldn't he let me sleep in peace? I was forced to open my eyes.

"...Len?"
"Thank god...why the hell didn't you respond?! I was beginning to worry that maybe he had done something to you..."
"Len, what are you doing here? Where's the man?!"
"Don't worry, he's unconscious. You're lucky I heard your scream."
"...why did you help me?"
"What? Do I need a reason to help-"
"Why the hell did you help me?! You've had no problem ignoring me and now you've decided to become a knight in shining armour?! Why are you doing this?..."
"(Y/n), I'm sorry."
"Is that all you have to say? Are you serious? You're still going to hang out with Hino?"

He simply looked away, unable to meet my eyes. I stood up and tried to keep calm.

"Thank you for your help. But please don't help me next time, I might misunderstand."

I walked away, leaving him alone in the dark alleyway. Tears threatened to fall as I headed back home but I angrily wiped them away.

Tch, this wasn't fair. Who did he think he was to play with my feelings like that? He couldn't just ignore me one minute and help me the next...that wasn't fair. He should just disappear with Hino. No matter how much I wanted him, he'd always choose her over me so why did he even bother to help me?...

Len's POV

I leaned against the wall of the building with my arm over my eyes. (Y/n)...I've hurt her again. Maybe I should just disappear from her life. That way, I can never hurt her. She'd be safe and happy without me.

My heart ached just thinking about it. I wanted to be with her so badly so how could I simply leave her like that? If only Hino would just stop. What the hell was she doing this for? There was no point in a relationship if only one person loved the other...so why would she bother?

"Oi, where did that girl go?" asked the man that had attacked (Y/n).
"What girl?"
"You know, the pretty girl that you wanted for yourself. Where the hell did she go?"
"Shut it, I'm not in the mood."
"What? Did you get rejected or something?"
"Leave me alone."
"Damn, if it wasn't for you, I would've had her-"

I punched him. He stumbled back and fell, holding his stomach in pain. Serves him right for hurting (Y/n). I left him there. He was beginning to get on my nerves.

I noticed (Y/n) walking slowly ahead. It was already late so no one else was on the streets. She seemed like she was crying loudly but didn't care if someone saw her.

I felt a throbbing pain in my heart. Was I the one that made her cry? If so, how many times has she cried at home? What did that make her brother think? Did he hate me? Did he forbid her to see me?

I quietly followed her from a few metres back. Her sobs had died down but she was walking awfully slow and seemed like she just wanted to disappear.

I wanted to tell her to hurry and go home. It was dangerous to be alone at night, especially for a girl. Maybe that was why I was following her...but that was probably just an excuse. I really wanted to pull her into my arms and pretend done of this ever happened.

Haku's POV

"What the hell are you doing here, Ai?"
"Am I not allowed to check on my boyfriend?"
"Shut it, we're over. Leave me alone."
"Where's (Y/n)? I don't see her anywhere."

I stopped myself from throwing a punch at her. How could she refer to my sister as (Y/n)? She didn't even know her and yet...I honestly didn't know what to felt about her anymore. Did I still love her or was my hatred overpowering my other emotions?

She grabbed onto my arm, which I just shook off. I pushed her away and told her to get lost. If only she would listen to me... (Y/n) would probably be back any minute now. I definitely did not want my sister to fight with Ai.

"Haku, I'll come back next time. Don't expect me to give up on you so easily."

She left just before (Y/n) came back. I couldn't help but sigh in relief. I knew they hated each other but there was no need for a big fight to break out.

"Oi, you're late. Where the hell have you been?"
"In town," she replied half-heartedly.
"Doing what?"
"I was with Kazuki."
"Why are you back so late?"
"Because...some stuff came up."

I just rolled my eyes. Jeez, she was such a bad liar. Something must've happened with her stupid crush.