Murphy and Raven (II)

Simply just meant to be.

This takes place during season 5, yes i have seen the first episode, and want to disclaim that my story has n o t h i n g to do with it. so do not have fear, mighties, i will not let us down.

plot: murphy and raven lying in bed together: because i need this and it's cute. them mocking each other while they're just laying there and he's like all up on her and in love and oml i hate myself but i'm doing this. short sweet and simple. they're in the ring and they're in ravens room. this takes place some time in the six year time jump. enjoy.

Title: Love Thy Enemies.

. . .

The moon shone into her room, highlighting her silky, delicate skin that he loved to gently run his large hands over as she softly breathed next to him. Her dark chestnut waves tickling his nose, but not enough for him to want to do anything about it besides breath her in. His legs were tangled with her endless ones, a perfect combination: her smooth legs with his calloused ones. She laid on her stomach, well sort of. Her bum leg was stretched out straight, her other leg curled in where her foot touched her other leg's thigh. He was on his side close to her, of course. Of course

They had been like this for a few months now, at first just letting off some steam. With him still upset about breaking it off with Emori, and her just always angered about not being able to figure out how to get everyone back down to the ground. But as the days passed by, they relished in each other's warmth, and human contact. Before they knew it, they weren't just about rolling around in the sheets, they just for some odd reason liked to be in one another's space. He would often spend nights in her room as it was the farthest away from everyone else's, and they wouldn't be caught or heard.

They weren't together, no. They didn't kiss if it wasn't in bed, they didn't hold hands on their trips down the hall, they didn't give cute little smiles and glances. But he did find himself always looking for her when he wasn't with her; she'd find herself doing the same. None of the group knows about them, and they prefer to keep it that way. Unsure how the gang would react, or more importantly--Emori.  

Murphy buried his face into the crook of her neck where her shoulder met, and let out a long yet gentle sigh. The heat of his breath sent goosebumps to rise along her neck and she shifted her head deeper into her pillow, not quite ready to get up. Raven felt an arm drape around her bare waist, and a delicate, yet rough, thumb started to rub circles near her hip.

"Don't look at the scar." She murmured into her pillow.

"How could I?" His words shivered on her skin.

Raven, as insane as it sounds, was super self conscious about the scar on her back from where Abby had to remove the bullet from her spine so she could walk. Murphy remembers the first time he saw it, the reason not important as it's easy to figure out. He remembers going still, and she'd asked him what was wrong, her head turning to look at him only to realize his eyes weren't transfixed on hers, but her back--her scar.   

"Murphy, it's not your fault," She had said as he paced around the room. "It doesn't matter."

"Maybe not to you." He shot back, his hands running through his hair. She sat on the edge of her bed, her eyes about to roll into the back of her head when he kneels down in between her legs, his hands gripping her upper thighs somewhat tightly. Her solid brown eyes stared into his hardened ones, her brows furrowed. "I caused you all this pain and I don't even know how to make it up."