Jasper and Octavia (I)

how is it so easy for you to be kind to people he asked

milk and honey dripped from lips as i answered

cause people have not been kind to me

-rupi kaur

. . . 

PLOT: an AU basically, where Jasper does make it to the bunker without Monty (which he struggles with) and him and gool ol' Octagon have a kinda weird relationship. They're like friends with benefits, and she takes all her anger out on him, but they're both there for each other. And Jasper being the druggie he is always goes back to bad habits and all this stuff. so plot line is: they both help each other through some bad stuff.

this takes place during the six year time jump, probably around the first two years.btw this really has nothing to do with 5x02 which is the bunker ep.

Title: My Need For You

enjoy hoes :))

. . . 

He'd have to guess it was pretty hard on her, with y'know, running 1,200 lives. Sure, she'd get mad. She'd punch some things, mainly him, but he didn't care at first. At first.

"I'm so sick and tired of people expecting the world from me," She had shouted to him in the office that they weren't quite sure what to call. Chancellor's office? That would piss off a few. Wanheda's office? That didn't sound right. Ocatavia's office? Now that just sounded stupid, well in his head it did. "How do I make 1,200 people happy?"

Jasper shrugged. How was he supposed to know? What a loaded question. "Maybe you can't."

Her head snapped to trap his gaze. Maybe he shouldn't have said that. "Well, thanks, Jasper! Just what I needed to hear." She slammed her hands on the wooden desk, a few things vibrated by the force of her hands. "Have you ever thought about becoming a motivational speaker? Because I really feel motivated to strangle you right now."

He gulped. "Listen, O, you can't make everyone happy. Okay? I know it might not be the thing you want to hear, but you can't change it."

She sighed as she sat down, rubbing her aching temple as she looked anywhere but Jasper's eyes. So he took the chance and pulled up a chair right in front of her, his hands clasped around hers. "I'm sorry. I am. I want to help you. I-I just don't know how, okay?"

Octavia finally met his eyes, her aqua green orbs glistening with what he guessed to be tears that she wasn't willing to let go of. She nodded, appreciating him. She wished her brother was here. She wished he was okay, and that he showed some sign that he and the others were alive. She knew Jasper thought about it as well--If Monty was okay. It was something they both worried about, but never really talked too much about. Scared of the possibilities their minds would wander to. "Yeah, I know."

Her voice was soft, and so were her hands. They felt cold though, her gaze and her hands. Stress and anxiety was also something they both struggled with, hers more noticeable than his. His thumb traced circles over her knuckles, he felt her pulse on his index finger, a rapid beat that made his own heart race.

"But at least I have you, right?" She tried to give a bleak smile, her cheekbones defined.

He nodded, returning the smile. "Yeah, you have me." But suddenly she hit his shoulder, not hard but enough to cause pain. He gave her a shocked expression as he rubbed the spot where she had hit him. "Ow! What was that for?"