10

Sowwy I haven't updated in a while. I was busy reading other stories. Here it is.

Aki's POV

I backed him up against a wall and smiled with my sharp teeth, almost tasting how I could rip his skin with them. I was called 'The Black Fox' for a reason.

When I was small, I got adopted by the Heiwajima family. They had one son, and his name was Shizou. I had ended up in an unfamiliar place, with almost nothing left of my memmories. The only words that were left in my head were: Akira Kyuubi, black, death, pain, and for some reason, love.

When I grew a little older, I wrote them on a paper, and found what they meant, like, definitions.

Kyuubi: nine tailed, mythical fox. 

Black: darkness, lonely, hurt, color. 

Death: pain, suffering, departure from life.

Pain: hurt, suffering, breaking point.

Love: heartbreak, to give life for someone else, happiness, comfort.

All these things seemed like they were somehow tied together. One night, I had a dream. To others, it would qualify as a nightmare, but not to me.

I was clouded in darkness, with nowhere to go. In a tiny space, pain coursing through my body. It felt good though. The dark was comforting. The small space was better than a big one. And the pain felt like pleasure. I was happy...

I woke up with a start, and found myself in the hospital. After a few months of rehabilitation, me, my foster parents, and Shizuo moved away.

In the middle of the year, in middle school, our parents died. After finishing high school, Shizuo moved back to Ikebukuro, to the old apartment. I stayed for another year.

I didn't want to go back, but something pulled me to that place. Not Celty, the headless rider, and my friend. Not Shizuo. Someone else.

An old frenemie. The day before I woke up in the hospital, I was chasing Izaya Orihara down the street, for shoving me in the fountain. He ran in the street, and I saw a truck drive towards him.

I ran up ti him, with speed I never knew I had, and pushed him away right in time. The truck collided with my side, and sent me flying. In midair, the only thing that I saw, was Izaya's worried face. Then the friendly darkness consumed me.

After a week that I woke up in the hospital, Izaya came. He gave me a black pocket knife, with a black blade. I was mezmerized with it, until my mind registered what he had said.

"Kill me for what I did." With that one sentence, something inside of me died. "No, not yet. I will make you suffer before I kill you." I slowly turned my head towards him, my sharp teeth showing, and smiling.

That was the start of The Black Fox. I would go out at night, when everything was pitch black, dressed in black, with daggers in my hands. With my speed, I'd sneek in to a criminals house, and make him pay for his sins...