Chapter 19: A different place, a different time

"Ok, ok, thanks Andre." Ett said as he hang up his call.

"What's up?" I asked. Ett looked at me. I knew it wasn't going to be anything good.

"Has something happened to Callie?" I asked, trying to be as calm as I could.

There is no good way to say it either.

"Callie left for France. She got an immediate admission plus scholarship from a school there and left a few hours ago."

What?!

"She'd better." I replied, aloof; trying to hide that deep ache inside.

--------

The plane flew high into the clouds.

I pull out the huge and heavy camera backpack from the overhead cabin that Andre had gifted me as present.

Andre has booked me a business class seat and I was very grateful. Luckily I was in the business class, else where would I find the space to stow the huge backpack?

He also had strict orders to only open it when the plane is in the air. Seriously, what did he pack in there??

When I unzip the backpack, I was stunned. A brand new set of Canon 5D Mark II and array of high end lenses which carries the famous red ring markings. There must be 5 different lenses in there still in their plastic baggies. At the side pouch, a macbook air.

OMG. How much did he spend on all these? I then spotted a white envelope at the side. Curious, I pulled it out and in there sat a letter.

Dear Callie,

Congratulations on being an undergraduate at the French Institute of Arts and Photography. You are now officially my junior!

I hope you will soak up the knowledge, enjoy your student life and take more photos!

Colin and I felt that you needed a new camera and lenses so we decided to prepare this for you. You have been amazing while you are with us and we think you truly deserved this and more!

Enjoy France!

It is our favourite country in the world and it is also where Colin and I met.

We'll be heading to Paris for one of our projects in the near future and we hope to see you soon!!

We hope you will join us when you have graduated.

Andre is a man with many surprises.

---------------

The concert preparation began in full swing. Ett was away on another album production and Patrick only had his buddies.

He did not continue with good behaviour while Ett was away. All in total he broke 3 mics, 2 guitars and changed 2 music producers.

Patrick's notorious attitude made news but strangely, it was for the better and not for worse.

His fans and critics grew.

Many stood in favour of him wanting to have the best music, a minority just felt disgusted by his attitude.

Strangely, Patrick did not do all these because of what others assumed. He just was throwing a huge tantrum plus he was again on depression medicine and sleeping aids.

------------

Patrick's POV

"Hello! I'm too busy taking photos right now, leave me a message and I'll call you back later, ya? BEEP!" A familiar female voice flooded through my ears.