Chapter 2: Not All About You (Camila's P.O.V)

Camila's P.O.V: 

We made it to first period with about five minutes to spare, and I was happy not to be Lauren's main priority anymore. As soon as we walked in, she left me to go talk to some other people. 

I had just sat down when and begun to get my stuff laid out when I felt movement to my right. I was a little worried to look up, in fear that Lauren was there ready to pull me off to somewhere else. When I finally looked up I was greeted by a smiling face that was, thankfully, not Lauren's. 

The girl who sat in front of me was small, but cute, in a bunny rabbit way. Her hair was a light brown and she wore bright pink lipstick. Her outfit was a skirt that only looked to cover down to her thighs and her shirt tucked into it.  

"Hi, I'm Ally!" She said with a lot of enthusiasm. I wasn't in the mood to talk, but she seemed too nice to ignore. I saw that she had stuck out her hand in front of her waiting for me to shake it. 

"Um, I'm Camila." I said taking her hand hesitantly. As soon as I grabbed it she immediately began to shake it rapidly, but in a controlled manor. I snatched my hand away a bit too fast when she stopped and I could tell it hurt her. 

"Sorry, I didn't think you were shy. You walked in with Lauren, so I figured you must be.... out-going." She said as she began to get up, ready to leave. 

"It's not that, I just hurt my shoulder and the handshake hurt a bit. Lauren's just my guide for the day." Ally sat back down, with another smile on her face when I said this, and I was glad that I had said something. Who's to say I can't have some sort of companion for the few months I spend here. I don't have to get attached; I can just have someone to talk to when I get bored. 

"Well first off thanks for not totally dismissing me, secondly why are you letting Lauren guide you? She isn't exactly the poster child for good behavior if you know what I mean." She said the last in a whisper and I could tell that she was doing her best not to let Lauren hear us. 

"Tell me about it, the only reason she's my guide is because the principal said it was her only way out of detention." We both giggled at my response, and I have to say, it was nice to have someone to laugh with for once. 

"Well, if you get lost, I'll be happy to help. Can I have your number?" Ally said holding her phone out to me. I grabbed it and put in my number before I could think about it. Doing that meant that I already broke one of my rules. Never give out your number; it leaves to much room for people to remember you after you're gone. I had to give her my number though. I already saw how much it hurt her from me ending the handshake quickly, and I wasn't about to make her sad again because I wouldn't give up my number. 

I guess I could have given an excuse, but that would take more effort than I'm willing to give, and frankly, I see no problem in her having my number. 

"Thanks, I'll text you later so that you can have mine. I have to get to my seat though, class will start any minute." She gave me a hug that I wasn't expecting and then left to go to her seat at the other end of the classroom.  

I looked back down at my stuff and began to open my notebook when I got the feeling that I was being watched. I was afraid to look up, because I didn't want some guy to get the wrong idea.  

When I finally looked up, I saw a pair of emerald eyes that I recognized instantly. Lauren was staring at me from the front of the classroom. I couldn't tell what her eyes said. I was too far away to tell if it was anger, or happiness, or whatever.  

She didn't notice that I had caught her for a few moments, so I was able to stare back into her eyes as she stared at me. When she finally noticed me staring back, she looked worried for a moment, but then went back to talking with her friends.