Chapter 4: How Do I Explain (Camila's P.O.V)

Camila's P.O.V: 

When I woke up, I wasn't sure of the time. I knew I couldn't have slept to long, but I was still unsure as to how long I did sleep. I managed to find my phone and see that it was about 6:00 pm. At least this meant that I could go downstairs without finding my dad. He's always at the bar looking for girls at this time until around 11:00 pm.  

On my phone screen, it said that I also had a few messages. I checked the first and it was from Ally. It was blank, but I figured she just sent it so I would have her number. The next message was from a number I didn't recognize either. I opened it to find out it was from Dinah. She said that Ally had given my number to her. I regret giving Ally my number now, but there is nothing I can do. 

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'- 

As I walked downstairs, I saw that my dad had eaten the rest of the pizza that we had. That meant no dinner for the night, which is always fun. I sat down on the couch and found the remote. Before I could turn on the T.V, my phone buzzed. I wasn't exactly used to getting messages, so the buzz didn't make since to me for a moment. Once I picked my phone up, I saw that it was from Ally. 

Ally: 

Hey, so the others and I are going to a party tonight. It would be really awesome if you could come. Text me back with your answer! :) 

I really didn't want to go to a party, so I texted her back saying, 

Camila: 

Sorry, I have a lot of unpacking to do, but maybe some other time. 

I wasn't sure if she would respond, but if she didn't it wouldn't really matter. I was just watching T.V when I heard a car pull into the drive way. I passed it off as someone who needed to turn around, but when the front door opened, I knew that my dad was home. 

"Camila, get your ass in here." He said slurring his words, from the heavy drinking he must have just completed. I turned off the T.V, but stayed silent. If he goes upstairs I can sneak out. 

"Where is that damn girl?!" He yelled to himself. I heard him going up the stairs so I figured now was my only chance. I grabbed my sneakers from the floor and slipped them on before I grabbed my phone and rushed to the front door. I had just grabbed a hoodie and slipped it on when I heard heavy breathing behind me. 

"What did I tell you about not answering me?!" I heard my dad scream from behind me. I jumped back towards the front door from the loudness and tone in his voice.  

"I'm sorry, I just, I have to go." I said as I turned around and began to open the front door. I got it open, but his hand smashed it back into its frame before I could exit. I turned around and his face was close to mine, maybe only 5 inches away. I could feel his hot breath trailing down my face and onto my neck.  

"You little bitch; you think I'm letting you leave after you disobeyed a rule?" He said in a half joking tone, while the other half remained serious. I knew he was about to hit me, but I didn't know where he would hit me, or how hard he would do it. 

"You know I have to punish you Camila; you can't disobey." He said as he grabbed my arm and through me onto the ground. My bruises from earlier that day, screamed at me from the pain they were caused from being thrown to the floor. 

"This is what you get." He said as he raised his hand and struck my back on the way down. It only hurt worse due to the other bruises, but I bit my tongue to avoid releasing a gasp from the pain. If I were to do that, it would only make him hit me again, but harder.