Chapter 17: Love Is Like.... (Lauren's P.O.V)

Lauren's P.O.V: 

I couldn't believe that she wasn't being honest with me. After everything we had just been through and after all the secrets and hiding we had already done, she still was keeping something from me. When I had seen her walking on the sidewalk going nowhere, I thought that was a sign that she probably needed a friend. 

I had just been walking into town and wasn't expecting any company. She had gasped out in pain once I had grabbed her arm to turn her towards me, and when I saw her face I began to understand why. 

The majority of the left side of her face was a deep blue color combined with hints of black and purple. Although I held one of her arms, the other was wrapped around her stomach. I asked what had happened, but before I could get an answer she fainted. I was able to catch her before she hit the ground, but I had begun to cry and was screaming her name. 

I quickly called 911 and they showed up in less than 5 minutes. They told me that I couldn't come in the ambulance because only family and significant others were allowed. I knew that they couldn't possibly know that I was Camila's girlfriend, but it still made me upset at the fact that they were trying to keep me from my Camzi. 

I told them about our relationship and they apologized as I got in the back. The whole ride I saw movement and commotion going on around me, but everything was silent. I was holding Camila's hand in mine and I could feel her heart beat pulsing through my fingertips. It was unsteady and quiet, but with every beat, I would take a breath in relief that it was still going. 

Once we got to the hospital I was forced to sit in the waiting room. Camila still hadn't woken up and they were taking her for a brain scan to make sure it wasn't a serious head injury. Once they got the results, they told me that she just had a fractured rib and a black eye. I was relieved that it wasn't too terrible, but still wasn't sure why she fainted. 

I had been waiting in the room they had placed her in for almost an hour. After a while I had decided to pull a chair to Camila's bedside and hold her hand. I had been crying the whole time, but I still tried to speak to her. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was hoping that she would wake up from the sound of my voice. 

I finally got to the point where my tears were completely uncontrollable and my voice was too cracked and broken to speak. I said one last thing before laying my head onto the bed and crying even more. 

I lifted my head at the voice of another to see Camila smiling at me. I quickly pulled her into a hug being mindful of her rib. She hugged back and I croaked out my confession of the fact that I thought I had lost her. 

That was when the doctor came in and I sat done so he might explain what had happened. He mentioned something about her going into shock, and I guess that made since. I probably scared her or something when I pulled her arm and questioned her injuries. 

When he asked her how she got the injuries, she made up a quick lie about falling down the stairs. The doctor believed it without a second thought, but I could tell that she was lying. 

When asked her what really happened, a worried expression crossed her face, and she said that she couldn't say. I was hurt that she thought keeping that from me was alright. I thought we told each other everything, and I told her that. She kept saying that she couldn't tell me and finally I just said that I didn't need to know. If she wants to keep secrets, I don't care. I'm just not going to be the one she's keeping them from. 

As I went to the door she was already crying. The tears were rolling down her face like a broken dam, and it hurt to know that it was because of me. I turned away from her to hide my own tears. Leaving her was like not breathing, because it hurt so badly.