Chapter 10: Remembering (Camila's P.O.V)

Camila's P.O.V: 

I woke up to feel Lauren's arms around my waist. I could feel Lauren's hot breath pulsing down my neck and it gave me chills. Her head had moved into the crook of my neck and the pieces of hair that typically stuck out around her head tickled my neck. It had gotten dark so I knew that it must be late. My phone was in my back pocket, but I couldn't get it without waking Lauren to check the time.  

My eyes itched a bit, but when I went to scratch them, they were moist. All the memories of what had happened in that day rushed back, and I felt the familiar lump in the back of my throat begin to swell. Then another thought came to my mind. It's late and I'm not at home like I'm supposed to be. 

This thought made me immediately, but carefully get out of Lauren's hold. I swung my legs off to the side of the bed and took a moment to take a breath. I felt the shag rug that lay under Lauren's bed flatten under my feet and knew that she must have taken off my shoes. Even though it was extremely dark, my eyes were adjusted to the brightness, or lack thereof, so I was able to see my shoes placed beside the edge of the bed. I was attempting to slip them on when a light was turned on reflecting my shadow onto the wall in front of me. I turned my head in the direction that the light was coming from and saw Lauren with the light of her phone angled at me. 

Her eyes were tired looking and her hair was a mess, but she still looked adorable enough for my heart to flutter a bit. She looked a bit confused when she asked me what I was wrong. The light of the phone turned off, and I was hoping that Lauren was just going back to sleep, but when I heard the recognizable clicking sound of a lamp being turned on, I knew I was wrong. 

I turned my head again to be blinded by the bright bedside lamp that Lauren had turned on. I reached my hand up to cover my eyes, and when they finally adjusted I told her that I had to get home. 

I heard her ask what time it was, but I didn't answer because I honestly didn't know. After a moment I heard her say that there was no way I was walking home alone at the hour it was. She mentioned something about just telling my dad that I was staying with a friend, but I knew that wouldn't work. I felt the bed move slightly and I knew that she must be moving to sit beside me.  

Lauren then said something about driving me home as I slipped on my second shoe. I didn't want to put her through the trouble, so I was about to get up when she snaked an arm around my waist and I felt myself beginning to relax into her. 

I tried to convince her to just let me go, but when I tried to get up, she held me down by the arm that she had placed around me. I knew that I wasn't leaving unless she was driving me so I agreed, but then questioned if she even knew where I lived. She thought carefully for a moment before answering no, then saying that was why she had me. 

I was about to laugh when she grabbed my hand and began to pull me down the stairs. I tripped over my own feet while going down, but was able to catch myself and keep up. I noticed that Lauren wasn't wearing shoes, but when I commented on it, she said she didn't need them. 

As we made it to the car, she unlocked the door and opened mine playfully. I gave a quick nod giving in to whatever she was thinking and got in. She ran around to her side and got in herself. As she was pulling out, her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth just barely, showing that she was in full concentration. I chuckled, but she noticed she stopped the car halfway into the road. She asked me what was so funny, but when I answered that it was her, she only seemed more confused. I didn't want to admit that the simplest act of her just trying to concentrate made me laugh, so I turned to face out the window and stayed quite the whole trip home. 

When we got home, I unbuckled and began to get out when I felt a warm hand clasp around my arm and pull me back into my seat. I smiled knowing that it was Lauren and when I looked at her she was leaning forward obviously awaiting a kiss. I understood and leaned in to kiss her. As soon as our lips connected, I didn't want it to end. I placed my hand on her cheek to pull her closer onto my lips and licked her bottom lip. She opened her mouth, but took the opportunity to push her tongue into my mouth. I didn't mind, I just wanted to keep kissing her.