0.3

Val.

"I'm Ashton." He said with a cheeky smile.

"Okay, Ashton? I've never saw you before in my life! What are you doing in my room?"

"Actually, you have met me, when you were just a baby, before mom died."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm your brother! I am now able to adopt, as my birthday was yesterday. I've been looking for you for a while. Even hired a private investigator, he found you, and now here I am, to adopt you! That is if you want me to. I mean I already got the judge to sign off on it, because we're siblings."

"So your telling me, not only are you my brother but you want to adopt me?"

"Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Um, can you give me some time to think? I mean of course I'm gonna let you adopt me, but I never know I had any family left, especially a brother who's willing to adopt me,"

"Wait, so your willing to let me adopt you!?"

"Yes! One hundred percent!! I am so happy right now I think I'm gonna cry!"

"Awe! Don't cry, just pack your bags, we have a long flight to Australia tomorrow."

"Australia?!?"

"Yep, that where my band mates and I live." He said before walking out the door.

I ran to my bed and pulled out the old suitcase from underneath it. I took my small amount of clothes and packed them in it. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste along with my hairbrush. I put them in a small baggy and through them in the suitcase as well.

I walked out my bedroom door with my things and saw my brother waiting for me. Wow that's weird to say. He smiled and slung his arm over my shoulders before we walked to the elevator doors.

We rode the elevator down to the last floor where I saw Ms. M and Ms. B.

"Ready for the paper work?" Asked Ms. B, with a smile.

"Yes." We both said smiling. 

"Okay come this way Mr. Irwin, Valentine go say good bye to your friends." Ms. M said.

I went into the mess hall and up to a my usual table. I sat my Maria and gave her a hug.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing yet everything all of the same time."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm getting adopted!"

"Really by who?"

"My long lost brother. He's been trying to find me and couldn't until now. He even hired a private investigator." I said excitedly.

"Wow, really I didn't know you had a brother."

"Me neither but you don't really know much when you get dropped off as a baby with a blink-182 onesie and they say your parents died."

"Wait did they?"

"Yeah," I nodded sadly

"But it's fine because I have a brother now and we're leaving to Australia tomorrow and everything is gonna be great, judge already approved the adoption because we're siblings."

"Wow, that's a lot. I'm so happy for you, don't forget to send letters and try and stay in touch. I wish I had a phone I would say text me."

"I know me too, but even if we do lose touch you're my sister no matter what." I felt a tear trickle down my cheek as I said good bye to my best friend for probably the last time I'll see her.

"And you're mine!" She said giving me a hug tears streaming down her face as well.

"I love you." I said before getting up and giving hugs to a few more friends I wasn't as close with.

"Adios amigos." I walked away from that table I sat at since a baby for the last time, I said good bye to my friends and "family" to go have a family of my own.

Today is a rough day, but also the best day.