0.8

I slowly walked to the living room. I saw Ashton by the door.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

We walked out of the room and to his car. It was a black car. Not that I really new much about cars or anything really. I just knew it was a black car. I got in closing the door quickly. I was extremely nervous. I mean this woman raised Ashton. What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm and annoying little brat? Oh no.

We pulled up to a restaurant I haven't heard of before. It was cute and old time looking. 'Mom and Pops burger stop' I read on the sign. It reminded me of the 80's. We walked into the little dinner and Jazz music filled my ears.

"Hi, my name is Jenny. How many?" A young girl with dark brown hair asked, standing at the podium.

"Um we're meeting my mom here." Ashton said.

"Um? Ashton?" She said reading a piece of paper.

"Yep that's me." He said excitedly.

She walked us back to a table. I didn't say anything, but I hate tables. I just feel so exposed and vulnerable. I would much rather have a booth.

I noticed the table only had two chairs. I frowned in disappointment.

"Sit down." Ash said to me already taking a seat.

"I-I can't." I stuttered nervously. I felt my face get really hot. I started to sweat and my heart started to race. My breath started to hitch and I felt my eyes water.

"Why?" Ashton asked.

"There's only two chairs." I said quickly trying not to let any tears fall.

"Oh well we can fix that." He grabbed a chair from another table and looked around in hopes no one was paying attention to us.

"There." He said and I sat down.

"It's hot in here." I said taking off my flannel.

"Not really. I'm freezing." Ashton's mom said.

"Hi Ashton's mom, I'm Val." I said extending my hand out for her to shake. She shook my hand and then wiped her own on her pant leg.

Gross I have sweaty palms. This really isn't helping anything.

I want to die!