XIII

Ji Yeon 's POV

"WAKE UP JI YEON ! YOU ARE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL !"

As soon as i heard my mother screaming , i jolted up from my bed , taking a glance at my phone that was conveniently beside my pillow .

7:15 AM

It showed .

School starts at 7:30 Am and i am most definitely going to be late — panicking , i dashed towards the washroom to wash and get dressed in my uniform . Combing my hair with my fingers , i look back at my reflection , unsatisfied . It was really messy and i hated how some strands of hair was just poking out from the back . However , i was rushing for time — my hair was the least of my concern .

"Honey , i have some bread on the table , eat at least a piece of bread before you leave for school alright ?" My mother nagged as she was still in the kitchen preparing god-knows-what .

I sat down obediently and ate the bread while my other finger was on my phone , texting Yoongi about me still being at home . Once i was done , i slipped on my shoes and made a run for the bus that directly brings me to the school's frontgate .

"Yoongi?" I questioned as i exited the bus .

The familiar boy smiled back at me , waving with one hand while the other was in his pockets . School had started 20 minutes ago and yet he was sitting at the bus stop , listening to his music .

"I thought you would come at a later timing , i guess i was wrong

"I thought you would come at a later timing , i guess i was wrong ." He shrugged before plugging out his earpiece , shoving them back into his bag .

"What are you doing here ?"

"Waiting for you , duh ? A student can be late on purpose once or twice in their lives , cant they ?" He fired questions back at me , leaving me speechless.

As we walked , our hands brushed against one another and it would be a lie if i said that it didnt make me feel nervous . I felt so self conscious out of a sudden . Though we are "dating" , it seemed that there was always this tension between the two of us .

"Why are you late for school ?" The security guard asked , unamused at seeing Yoongi , but instead , shifted his focus to me . "Um .. i ..."

"Her pet goldfish drowned , she was so sad and needed to properly bury it . Does that explain why ?" Yoongi chimed in , grinning .

"Im asking her ."

"I woke up late for school ..." i answered honestly .

———
As the both of us entered the classroom , everyone went silent , staring at us as if we were aliens . I saw how Yoongi gave his infamous smirk , throwing his bag on his seat .

It was obvious that he liked the attention

It was obvious that he liked the attention .

I walked up to the front and bowed down to the teacher , before handing in the pink slip that we had received from the security guard , apologizing to have disrupted her lesson .

10 minutes later , the school bell started ringing , indicating that there was an announcement for all students to listen .

"This is your principal speaking . This is a fire drill . The fire is located near the school hall so everyone please evacuate calmly towards the school field . Please stay calm and walk fast , have some sense or urgency . I repeat , this is a fire drill—"

Upon hearing that , every student cheered , grinning from ear the ear , walking out in twos down the staircase , heading towards the field .

"Wanna eat ?"