Pathetic

"Wow, it's my first time sparring and I get paired with one of the bitchiest girls here?" Peter asks as you and he walk onto the sparring mat. "How pathetic."

You don't let his words bother you. Peter is large, bulky, and doesn't look like the type to have come from Candor. Yet, he obviously wouldn't have made it through Candor initiation. He's a liar, a cheat, a skeeve. No wonder everybody--even in dauntless-- hates him. 

You watch him carefully, looking him up and down, trying to figure out the quickest way to dodge punches long enough to land a few good ones. You figure that since he's so bulky, he'll be slow. You might not have the most powerful punches, but at least your fast. You notice that the way he holds his fists gives you an easy out. You can easily duck under his arms and attack from behind when he throws a punch; now you just have to move fast enough to avoid the hit. 

"Let's go, little girl," Peter says, lifting his fists higher and waving for you to come at him. "Let's go ahead and get this over with. This'll be easy." 

When you say nothing, he says, "What, nothing to say, princess?" 

Oh no, do not call me that, you think to yourself. With anger blocking your senses, you act on impulse and run towards him. Peter quickly moves aside and attempts to throw a punch. You dodge it, but barely. After you dodge, you move as planned, and run under his arm and kick his knee out from behind.  He hits the ground with a thud but quickly hops back onto his feet. The second he's back on his feet, you throw a punch. He didn't expect it and wasn't able to dodge it. Your fist hits his mouth and he backs up a few steps. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and it comes back red, smeared with a small amount of blood. 

"Now you're gonna get it, bitch," he says, rage covering his face. He takes long strides and runs at you, tackling you at the waist. you hit the ground and get the wind knocked out of you. Struggling to breathe, you attempt to push Peter's body off of you, but he pushes you back down, easily. After you're pinned to the mat, Peter proceeds to punch you twice in the face, once hitting your mouth and the other hitting your nose hard. You feel blood beginning to pour from the features after his hand falls away. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this," he says through gritted teeth, with a wicked grin plastered on his face. "You think you're better than everyone, don't you bitch? Well, I'm going to show you who's really in charge here."

"Fuck you," you reply, and spit the blood from your mouth in his face. He closes his eyes as red splatters across his face. 

"That's all you've gotta say?" He says calmly. "Suit yourself." With that, he lands another punch straight to your face. As your head is thrown to the side, you catch a glimpse of Eric standing on the sidelines, arms crossed and stone-faced as usual. 

Then

Everything goes black.