Daughter

You're beautiful like a flower
More valuable than a diamond
You are powerful like a fire...
There is nothing in the world that you cannot do
When you believe in you, who are beautiful
Yeah you, who are brilliant
Yeah you, who are powerful
Yeah you, who are resilient
~India Arie

* Flash Back 2011-2015*

It was a hot summer day in California 2012 and Tessa decided to get out of her depression for a change .She knew her dad was not coming back but she still had hope. Tessa decided to walk to the corner store and regret it instantly;Tessa wore daisy ducks today.The neighborhood thugs where out today selling and hanging like they usually do.

" Ay ma you look mighty fine in them shorts if I do say so myself."

She ignored them and continued to walk in the store . She walked to the freezer and grab a snicker ice cream . She walked to the back of the store to grab a brisk fruit punch . As she made her way to the front to grab some chips and candy : some one walked in to the store .

"Ay Man it's a thicky Bitch up in this bitch I'm trying to find her ."

"Bro bring yo thirsty ass on I'm trying to get some ice cream and backwoods."

Tessa grab her snack and made her way to the register deciding to hide from the guys who just recently walked into the store.

"ma we have to stop running into each other like this ."

"I have had enough of yo dirty ass ; out here looking like pookie from New Jack City . I was always taught if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all but I have had it with you . Not only did you cat call me you called me a bitch one to many times and if you keep fucking with me you gone see what this bitch can do."

I said quickly grabbing my things and walking out of the store ,and leaving a shocked store owner and pookie friend who was one the floor laughing his ass off.

" See bro now this is why I tell you to stop disrespecting these females : Not all of them will tolerate your disrespect."

"Hey miss ." His friends yelled while chasing after me

"You left your phone ."

Making me stop completely .

"Thank you for bringing my phone back ; I was so mad back there . You need to teach your friend some respect towards women."

"Not to be funny but you look a little young to be talking about women . In life you'll learn you cant change every one ."

"Boy i'm 15 and thats grown enough to know my worth as a female / woman do you understand me ." And with that i stormed off towards my house.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Grownish." He yelled.

-August 2012-

The start of Tessa junior year in high school ; things will be hard . But its her only chance to make her dad proud .Getting up to take her morning shower ; after drying off she decided on a nike short outfit with the hoodie and the shoes to match. Eating breakfast and walking past her mom who looked at the door waiting for her husband to walk through the door.Tessa has been working two jobs just to help her mom pay bills. Now that school has started she only able to work part time .Grabbing the keys Tessa drove to school with no driver license or permit.She grabbed her back pack and headed inside school .

"Well look who we have here Ms.Grownish ." Pookie friend said.

"I dont have time for you non sense pookie friend."

"Its Malcom."

"Nice to meet you Malcom i'm Tessa."we shocked hands and that was the start .

-August 2014-

Me and Mal have been together for 1 year now : He's my Clyde and i'm his bonnie . Our relationship is not perfect we have a bumps in the road just like any other couple . But lately things have taken a turn to no return Mal was just recently arrested because of Pookie his friend. Pookie is a drug pin in Cali and him and Mal are still best friends. Mal decided he didn't want the pigs to take Pookie to jail so he toke the raps for him .

~Court MAY 2015~

"MALCOM Webster you are going to serve a 10 year sentence with 2 year probation ." [Gravel Slamed]

I didn't get to make it to the hearing but Pookie snuck his phone in and let me listen to the hearing. All i could do is cry ; my baby is serving 10 years what can i do. Pookie sent me a heart warming text saying he will still help us out and of course take care of Mal while he's in jail.

~Couple Days Later~

" Hey baby , we need to discuss some things.Tessa we need to end this ;I got 10 years in jail you only have a couple months of high school left until you graduate . I know for a fact you will get into Clark ; it time for you to move on . I want you to do more than what we did fall in love again and find someone better than me . I love you so much ."

" I love you to Mal I'm not letting you go we gave too much history ; I don't see my self with anyone beside you . You are my light when I lost my papa Mal. I cant just give up on what we have , its too much history and time invested . You are my first in everything ; dont do this to me Mal.

"GoodBye Tessa."

And with that he never called back ; I've wrote letters called the jail just to make sure he's there. But he refused to see me .He even told Pookie to not answer my calls and texts anything dealing with him Pookie was not allowed to tell me.

~4 Months later~
No no No this can't be I just can't be I got the flu . That's why I've been throwing up . And now that I don't have the flu no more I have an appetite so I've just been eating everything . I tired to convinced myself after my 10 pregnancy test .Once I finally noticed that theirs a small tiny winy chance I might be pregnant I decided to go to the doctors to confirm the gut wrenching feeling if been getting that.

"Your pregnant congrats, mommy to be." The doctor said and I cried .

"Mom I can't do this alone I need you i'm about to be a single parent . The man i loved vanish out of thin air . The jail said he was transferred to a unknown facility and they can't tell me. I've been writing and i got nothing in respond . Pookie switched up on me ; he changed his number and i'm scared ."

"You will always have me baby." My mom finally looked away from the door and at me .

~5 months later ~

"Push Tessa I can see her head ."

"1,2,3, push Tessa push ."

6 pounds and 9 ounces later my baby girl Madalyn Kennedy Brooks .

6 pounds and 9 ounces later  my baby girl Madalyn Kennedy Brooks

Young Pookie from New Jack city

Young Tessa and baby Madalyn