Chapter 5

"Comfortable, Pan?"  Jason struggled against the ropes had him and Serenity tied back to back. He glared at an old man. "Mr. Smee..." The old man perked up as did the two children. Smee? As in Captain Hook's right hand man, Smee? "I have Pan and his little friend secured, cap'n." Jason gazed at the younger, but clearly taller man emerging from the shadows; his long raven black hair stopped past his shoulder blades, his blue eyes were analytical and calculating. He wore a long red coat over his clothes and a long feathered hat. But was most visual was the cold metal hook he had in replace for his left hand. "Captain Hook...?" Suddenly Jason jerked as the cool metal forced his chin up, looking Hook in the eye. "This is not Pan. He may look like Pan, but his eyes do not match." "Captain Hook, I demand that you return me and my sister to London at once!" "I'm sorry young man, but no can do. You'll be the perfect bait so that I can finish off Pan's brats." He left the room, with Smee behind him. "Serenity, in my back pocket is my pocket knife. Can you get it out and place it in my hands?" "Uh huh..." Jason felt her squirming to reach in his pocket, before he felt the handle in his grasp. He quickly cut through the ropes binding them, but carefully so niether of them got hurt. One they were free, Jason tried the door. "Ah, locked." He then tried the window, it open easily. Serenity had gotten distracted by a pretty gem. "Serenity, don't touch that!" Jason cried, but he was too late. The light surrounded the two, whisking them out the window and away from the ship toward the island. The two hit the shallow water with a splash. "Serenity! You okay?" "Yeah, I'm okay... just a little cold and wet." They crawled into the beach at the vast jungle going inland. "We'll stand a better chance if we go inland. Hop on." Jason said crouching down to let Serenity hop onto his back. Once she had her arms around his shoulders, he then began to trek into the thick foilage,  his mind wondering only one thought, were they really where he thought they were, or was it just a messed up dream?