Chapter 8

Jason and Serenity gazed at the Lost Boys, when Serenity screamed excitedly, hugging the green and blonde fairy who had landed on their father's hand. "Tinkerbell! Wow, you're even prettier than I thought you were!" Tink was flattered that Peter's little girl was so entranced with her. Then setting the two down for a moment, Peter followed Tink into his old room. Peter saw what looked like his old clothes still sitting neatly folded on his bed. Picking up the clothes he saw they were his size. Quickly he threw his London clothes off and put on the outfit that made him feel comfortable. Serenity and Jason stared open mouthed when they saw their father's new look. He then felt two fingers swipe across his cheeks, leaving a cool gooey feeling in their wake. He then saw Tootles holding a bowl of red war paint, his face streaked, before the twins plopped a headdress on his head. He then caught on to what was going on, the boys wanted to celebrate his return the one way they always did. A pow wow. Scooping up Jason and Serenity, Peter let the boys lead the way. "Lost Boys. How." The Chief said, but then all eyes fell on the person behind them. "Flying Eagle, you have grown much during the time you were gone, and I see you've been busy." "It's good to see you, Chief. And these are my children, Jason and Serenity." Peter sat on the mat beside Tiger lily and her father, placing Jason and Serenity on his shoulder. The Indian girl looked exactly the same as when he left, now standing level with his waist. The Chief clapped his hands and the encampment went silent. "Everyone, let us celebrate this night, for Flying Eagle has returned!" Drums started and everyone was dancing. Then Peter found himself dancing with them. Jason and Serenity managed to get in his pocket before he was pulled up, and were now laughing up a storm. For the first time in his life, Peter felt free again. He was home.