the coronation

One can only imagine the surprise on the faces of Fairy Godmother, King Adam, and Queen Belle when their princess walked out of her room later that day

One can only imagine the surprise on the faces of Fairy Godmother, King Adam, and Queen Belle when their princess walked out of her room later that day. They were amazed at the fact that she could move about on her own. Granted, she was still weak and exhausted, but it was a huge step of progress from what they had seen hours before.

It was effective immediately that Soren, after being proven guilty, was sent to the Isle. Some saw it as harsh, but there was too much of his father in him to keep him close. When word got out that he was the one to poison the princess, many pushed for his immediate departure. Braelyn didn't see that as necessary but Ben made sure it happened. He didn't want a traitor stepping foot near his coronation, let alone by his twin.

Despite Ben's persisting that they needed to postpone the coronation for one more day, until Braelyn was fully rested, it when on as scheduled. The king-to-be had told his twin over and over that he wouldn't be upset if she missed the ceremony, claiming her health was more important. She finally told him she would think about it, just to silence him for a bit, even though she fully intended to be there when he got crowned.

The morning of the ceremony, Braelyn woke up feeling much better than the past few days. She remained in her pajamas as she went to check on her brother. As expected, he was a stressful mess. Mrs. Potts was already in his room, helping him with his clothing and hair.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Braelyn observed as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

Ben looked up from his spot in the chair to see his sister's reflection in the mirror. "Brae!"

Despite Mrs. Potts' protests, the prince was out of his chair and crossing the room to wrap his twin in a hug. Braelyn giggled at the action and leaned her head on his shoulder. She was absorbing the time with her big brother as long as she had it. From this day out, she knew he was going to be busy. He would always be there for her, but not as much as she would want.

"Braelyn, my dear. What a relief that you're alright," Mrs. Potts chimed as she, too, pulled the princess in for a hug.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Mrs. Potts." The princess smiled as she was released from the embrace. "I was just checking to see how everything was going."

Mrs. Potts sighed and placed a hand on her hip. "Fantastic if your dear brother would just sit still."

Ben gave the older woman a guilty smile before sitting back down in the chair. Mrs. Potts sent Braelyn an exasperated look, earning a chuckle out of the young girl.

"I'll leave you to it. I'm going to help Mal and Evie get ready so I'll see you later, okay?" She bid both of them goodbye before sneaking out of the room.

Once in the Isle girls' dorm, Braelyn found out what chaos looked like. Scraps of fabric were thrown everywhere, glitter covered the floor, and various shoes were displaced around the room. The princess stood against the door in shock for a moment before she finally located Evie's figure amongst the mess.