the truth

Braelyn's legs threatened to give out as she regained her movement

Braelyn's legs threatened to give out as she regained her movement. She was dizzy, that was the first thing she noticed as she almost fell into Carlos' chest.

"Hey," He mumbled as she grabbed her arms to hold her steady. "You okay?"

She nodded and looked around at Evie, Jay, and Ben. "Curse is broken. We've gotta move."

"Are your powers back?" Ben's eyes watched his sister carefully. She was barely holding on earlier. If Audrey's magic was still in the works, there was no telling how much time they had left.

Braelyn shrugged as she grasped Carlos' arm, who in return leaned down to pick up Dude. Evie seemed to follow their actions as she too grabbed on Carlos' shoulder. Jay and Ben moved over as well, each one grabbing on to someone.

"Let's find out," The princess mumbled as she squeezed Carlos gently. She closed her eyes and focused her energy throughout the people around her, placing her mind back to Auradon Prep. In a matter of seconds, the group found themselves on the steps of the school, only a few feet away from Uma and Harry.

"Now this is something worth celebrating," Uma snickered as her eyes fell on the group. "Benny-Boo here is finally beard and fang free. Who knew."

Braelyn let out a sigh of relief at her words, as she too realized her brother's change in appearance. "Oh, finally!"

Ben ignored the two girls, however, as he stared straight at Harry. "What are you guys still doing here? Where's Mal?"

"Right here," The VKs voice caused everyone to turn around as she walked out of the giant doors. "We have a lot to talk about, I know, but we have a bigger issue. We need help, now."

Chaos seemed to erupt as the group piled into the bedroom where Mal and Celia had moved Audrey. Sure enough, Sleeping Beauty's daughter was out like a light in her bed.

Mal quickly got the group up to date with the battle while Braelyn hovered over Audrey's form, her mind moving a million miles per hour. Carlos watched his fianceé move away and left the group to stand by her side.

"Can you save her?" He mumbled as he placed his chin on her left shoulder. He was constantly amazed by the way that the twin carried herself. She was always poised and polite, but he had seen all sides of her to know that she was plotting something. It was evident behind her eyes.

Completely unalerted by the sudden presence, Braelyn's hand moved to cup his cheek as she continued to watch Audrey. There was a possibility, sure, that her powers could help slightly to save the girl in front of her, but with her weak state, it was unlikely to work at all.

"I don't know," Braelyn mumbled as Carlos wrapped and hand around her waist. "I could try, but I'm limited enough right now, and I don't know if-"

"Then no," He whispered so only she could hear. "As much as I wish you could, if you're not certain, it's not worth risking both of you."