the other engagement

As promised at Cotillion, Ben was allowing for more VKs to come into Auradon

As promised at Cotillion, Ben was allowing for more VKs to come into Auradon. The Core Four were choosing the next four to come over through a series of applications, and personal opinions. They had countless conversations about it, and Braelyn was tired of Carlos' bed being covered in papers for the choosing, but all in all, it was a good change for Auradon.

The new VKs were announced shortly after the four's return: Squeaky and Squirmy, Dizzy, and Celia. Preparations were immediately arranged for the group to stay at Evie's new castle, where the Core Four already lived.

Arrival day came faster than Braelyn remembered and before she knew it, she was standing in front of her large closet trying to find an appropriate outfit. After mulling her options, the princess decided on a silvery blue dress that would go perfectly with her new hair.

The playlist that Carlos had made for her played throughout her room as she perfected her makeup and curled her hair before slipping on some white heels. With a deep breath, Braelyn turned to her mirror to see her completed outfit. Satisfied with her appearance, she made her way towards her bed to grab her phone.

"Forgetting something?" Carlos' voice broke through the soothing sounds of Heaven by Khalid, causing the princess to jump. Deja vu flooded her system as she watched him hold up her tiara, the gems reflecting the light across the room.

A clumsy hide-and-seek tournament ended with her original tiara shattered to pieces on the floor and hundreds of apologies from Cruella's son. It was no issue for Braelyn, however, who almost cheered at the broken item until her mother told her she needed a new one. Thankfully, the princess got to design this one and she could tolerate it a little better now.

"You sound just like Ben," She mumbled as she walked towards him so he could place the headpiece in between her wavy locks.

Carlos gave her a small smile before kissing her forehead. "I love when you wear it."

"Yes," She chuckled as they exited the room. "Because then you walk around going 'Look, look! My girlfriend's a princess! Wow, I love her so much.' and everyone stares at you like you're crazy because majority of the students here are royalty too."

Carlos shrugged as they made their way down to the courtyard where the welcoming ceremony would take place. "Yeah, but they're not you."

"Cheesy," Braelyn commented as they joined Evie and Doug at the bottom of the platform steps. The latter had his guitar in hand while Evie was practically bouncing on her feet in excitement. Majority of the school had already gathered and Braelyn spotted her parents just a few feet away along with Fairy Godmother. Now, they were just waiting on the spotlight couple, Ben and Mal.

Thankfully, they weren't too far behind and entered the platform a few moments later. Braelyn clasped Carlos' hand tightly while Evie clutched her arm. The two girls practically cried for hours over how excited they were while they conjured up thousands of wedding dress ideas. Evie had even gotten sappy on her and confessed how one day, she hoped she could be doing this with Doug.