the preparing

Six months had passed since Ben was crowned King of Auradon

Six months had passed since Ben was crowned King of Auradon. That meant it had been six months since the Isle kids had arrived in Auradon and six months since the beginning of two special relationships.

While Ben had himself wrapped up in Maleficent's daughter, his twin sister had fallen head over heels for Carlos De Vil. It had taken the kingdom a bit to finally accept the idea of the two royal twins dating kids from the Isle, but they got used to it. After all, if Ben and Braelyn thought it was okay, chances are, they weren't wrong.

When they had first arrived, Braelyn had been busy preparing for her brother's Coronation to become king. Now, six months later, she was organizing another big event: the Royal Cotillion. Fully healed from the attack against her life, the princess was more than ready to tackle this event head on.

Currently, the young blonde was in her bedroom with her notebook in front of her. Her kitten, Luna, was curled up next to her with her nose buried in the duvet cover. There was a council meeting in less than an hour but Braelyn wanted to make sure she had as much done as possible to present.

Her phone alarm rang beside her, letting her know that it was time to leave. She sighed and threw her pencil down before climbing off her bed. There were so many little details that needed to happen for the cotillion and she couldn't wrap her mind around how many were left. The young girl double checked her reflection in the mirror before grabbing her notebook and exiting the room.

She whispered to herself as she navigated through the halls, her ideas repeating in her head. Her brother wanted this to be perfect for Mal. The twins knew that the VK had been struggling with her homesickness and her current role in the kingdom. It was a tough one, Braelyn knew that, but it was so much easier once adjusted.

The princess was so caught up in her thoughts as she walked that she didn't see her boyfriend until she ran into him, literally. Yelps escaped both of them as they stumbled back a few steps. Once she recollected herself, Braelyn smiled at the group of VKs in front of her.

"Hi, guys. How's everyone today?" She brushed a piece of blonde hair behind her ear.

Carlos' eyes widened at the sight of his girlfriend. "Brae! I was wondering, uh, if you liked the carrot cake last night?"

Braelyn rolled her eyes at him. She could tell he was nervous and by the smirk on Jay's face, she knew exactly why. "I had the pumpkin pie, Carlos. You were with me, remember?'

"Right, right," He attempted to laugh it off but his pink cheeks emphasized his embarrassment.

The blonde twin shook her head as her boyfriend's actions. "I'd love to stay and chat with you but I have to-"

"Mal!"

The young girl was cut off by the arrival of Lonnie and Jane. Braelyn had decided to hand over part of the decorating plans to Fairy Godmother's daughter per Ben's request, something about the princess being too caught up in her work all the time.