6. How to apologize without actually saying sorry

Ezarel POV
-meanwhile-

Gina left us alone, right after I invited Nevra for a drink. She winked, and mouthed 'good date'. I rolled my eyes slightly, then grabbed Nevra's upper arm to pull him with myself. We ended up buying food too, not just a milkshake. "I'll pay, honey." I joked, and smirked. Nevra bitchfaced me, while I gave money to the cashier. We sat at a nearby table, and we were eating silently, when Nevra started to speak.

"So, what this is all about?"

I looked at him innocently, and shrugged. He was staring at me, still waiting for an answer. When I didn't say anything for a long time, he changed technique. He looked at me with puppy eyes, the look he usually used on the girls who he wanted to flirt with, and of course on me, but on me he used them less often.

"Coomeee ooon." he whined. "Pleaaaseee talk to meee."

"You look pathetic like that, Nevra." He glared at me and I grinned. "Don't look at me like that, you know that I'm just kidding. We both know you have lack of love. That's why I bought you food, and drink."

"Yeaaah, sure. Thanks, they do taste good, but you know that I still need to...you know." I think he didn't want to say anything about drinking blood, which is understandable, since we were in human public.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I suddenly noticed something odd from the fiscuses. I looked there, and saw Gina motioning and showing her thumb up. I thought she already left, but it seems like she only left to spy me. Wonderful. "But hey, at least I tried."

"Yeah, you tried but you failed miserably."

"Hey, I didn't fail that much."

"Yeah, yeah, sure you didn't Ez." He lauged lightly. "You definetly didn't."

"You're annoying sometimes, you know that?" I asked while grinning. He grinned back.

"I learned from the best."

"Oh, really?"

"Yep. I've spent too much time with you and it stuck on me."

"Like girls."

"Ezarel come on. Don't pick on me just because I flirt a lot. I'm just having fun."

"But I have to pick on you because of something..." I pouted slightly, and looked at him with fake sad eyes.

"You're unfixable." He laughed. "But don't change, it would be too weird."

"Would it annoy you if I started to be nice?"

"Not really. Plus you're not a douche. You're a good person, you just like to annoy people. But you're not technically rude." He stopped for a second. "Well, not always rude, at least."
I couldn't help, but laugh. He laughed too, and for a second, evetything was fine. But of course, I couldn't ignore Gina in the background. I rolled my eyes, then I looked at Nevra.

"Would you mind if we'd leave? There's just something around here what makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Yeah, sure. Where are we going?"

I winked. "It's a surprise." I started to walk away in a fast tempo, not letting Gina to follow me with her gaze, but slow enough for Nevra to catch up. After we got outside, we soon lost Gina-spy, so I could finally breathe in peace.

Ashkore POV

This is bullshit. I just made a terrible mistake, I can't live anymore. I took off my mask, like a naive idiot. I was furious at the 5-minutes-past me. Very furious. Anyway, I looked away from the others to the floor, and put my hood in my face to cover myself. I couldn't look at the others. It was much harder than usual. Without my mask, I felt way too open. Vulnerable.