12. Vision of war

Ykhar's POV

Chrome was listening to music, he was calm, staying at one place for five minutes, which rarely happens, maybe, like, once a year. His calmness was interrupted when Miiko and Leiftan stepped in. He jumped in front of Miiko, and landed, crouching in front of her like an actual dog. And he's surprised and offended when someone uses the word 'dog' to refer to him.

"Yes, I bought you sausage, I didn't forget. There was a lot! The shop would've been paradise for you. Here you go." Said Miiko, while giving Chrome a rod of sausage. He started to munch on it happily. Leiftan looked around then looked at us, with a questioning look.

"Have you seen Ash?" Asked he as he looked around again.

"Yes, he was there but he soon left. I thought he pushed you back, and then gone back because he was guilty." Said Chrome between two bites of sausage. Leiftan nodded. "So is the dragon out of it's cave?" Asked Chrome, and Leiftan seemed pretty confused first, but soon he nodded. Chrome nodded back, and Leiftan left, probably to his room.

"What dragon out of it's what?" Asked Alajéa confused, while trying to read a book upside down.

"It's just from a book you don't know but we do." Said Chrome. I didn't knew he was reading, but oh well.

I earlier noticed that Leiftan was acting weird, so I got out of my chair, and followed him, to investigate. I went to his door, and hesitated, but I simply knocked on the door, since it would've been inappropiate to just open in.

"Yes? Who is it?" Came the question from inside.

"It's me, Ykhar." There was a short silence, then just as I was about to leave, I heard Leiftan's voice once again.

"Come in." I slowly opened the door, and then stepped in. Leiftan was laying on the floor, his eyes shut. He opened them as I stepped in.

"Are you alright? You seem...A bit...Different." I said, with a bit of a worried tone. It felt really bad to see him like this. Leiftan looked at me, and he suddenly started to laugh. He hid his face in his hands. For a second I thought that everything was fine, and I almost smiled, then he spoke again.

"No." He let his hands slip off his face, onto the ground. "Can I be honest with you?" I nodded and he sat up, and patted the floor next to him, for me to sit down next to him, so I did. He sighed before he started to speak. "You know, I feel like I might go insane. No, don't say anything." He put his finger before my mouth as soon as I opened my mouth to argue. "Just listen for a while. Please." I closed my mouth, and he pulled his finger away. "Thanks. You know, there's something inside me. Don't worry, it's not a disease or something like that. It's more like a voice inside my head. The inner me. My demon." My eyes widened, I started to worry. What is he talking about? "As I see, you're worried. I don't really feel like you have a reason to be. Don't be worried about me. Worry about yourself. I feel like I could go mad any minute..."

"Is it because of something bad that happened in your past...?" I asked, quietly.

"Yes, you could say that."

"This isn't all, is it?"

"No, not really. Ash kind of betrayed me, but he is right. He does what he has to do for the higher purpose..."

"Don't say that. It's weird to see you like that, and I'm worried about you." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Are you sure he betrayed you? I mean, sure, he's Ashkore, but you have always believed that there is still something good in him. That he's good, you just need to remind him. So do that."