chapter ten

So, I'm really sorry if you guys have received a notification saying that I've updated a Twist in Time a few days ago.

I've accidentally clicked the publish button while halfway writing this chapter. I'm really sorry! xD

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R  T E N ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    

"Natasha?"

The spy was startled when the sight of two fingers snapping in front of her face took her out of her reverie. She whipped her head around to see Bruce looking at her worriedly.

"You okay?" he asked.

It took her a few seconds to respond with a nod, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure? I've been calling your name for a while now. You seem pretty upset about something."

She shook her head, answering curtly, "I'm fine, Bruce. It's nothing, really."

Bruce had let out a sigh of annoyance while running a hand through his hair. "Natasha, Natasha, look at me."

"What?" she finally met his eyes. The moment she saw them, she was shocked why she saw a glint of irritation and doubt in his usually warm brown eyes. "What happened?"

"I think I should be the one asking you that question, don't you think?" he shot back.

She raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"You've been pretty distant since yesterday and I can't help but wonder why. Did I do something wrong? Did I forget something?" asked Bruce with a look of confusion.

"No," Natasha quickly answered, "Why would you even think that?"

"Well, how would I know I haven't done anything if you won't talk to me?" Bruce reasoned, crossing his arms.

"I am talking. What do you call the thing we're doing this very moment?" she retorted.

"You know that's not what I mean. We've been dating for almost four months now and you still can't find the decency to just talk to me about the things bothering you?" he asked, a hurt expression stayed on his face despite his obvious tone of anger.

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows, taken aback by his sudden outburst, "Woah, big guy. Do you know that you're the only person who knows the secrets I had initially promised to just keep to myself?  But now it's as if you're saying I'm hiding a lot of things from you."

"If you're not hiding things from me then maybe we wouldn't be even having this conversation in the first place!" he exclaimed.

She couldn't help but let out a scoff, her voice raising in disbelief, "Are you demanding that I tell you every single thing happening to my life? Is that how low you think of me? To not trust me enough?"

"It's not that I don't trust you—"

"Oh, but it sounds like that." she bit out.

Bruce stopped for a moment, shifting his feet before suddenly laughing dryly. "You know what? This is the problem with you. Every time I try to make you see my side, you get defensive and mad, while here I am trying to avoid a fight which you come and make instead."

"That's because I know if what I did was wrong or right. And now I'm sure, I did absolutely nothing wrong."

"Maybe," Bruce shrugged and said in the most sarcastic tone he could muster, "but how would I know? You're probably more comfortable talking to Steve anyway, don't you? It seems like he's the one by your side these past days."