chapter nineteen

a gif of James and Steve sharing the same energy. lol.

 lol

like dad, like son?

like dad, like son?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So, three tomatoes are walking down the street⁠— a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, smooshes him, and says... catch up."

Clint, Thor and Vision only stared at him.

Rhodey repeated again, "Get it? Catch up because y'know, ketchup."

"That's it?" Clint asked in confusion.

"That's the whole story?" Thor added.

"Yes... again I ask myself, why am I even talking to you guys?" Rhodey remarked, displeased, "I'm certain to hell that story kills."

"Well, it is rather interesting. A family of tomatoes is quite funny, actually." Vision said, laughing.

"Dude, that's not even the point of the joke." Rhodey deadpanned.

It was at that point Tony decides to buzz in on them. He clasped a hand on Rhodey's shoulder, "You still not over the jokes?"

Rhodey scoffed, "Come on, the only one who doesn't get my humor is you guys. Everyone loves them." He then noticed the lady around Tony's arm, "Hey, Pep."

Pepper smiled in response. "You guys enjoying the party so far?"

"Oh, yes! Great party. I love all the beverages." Thor exclaimed, taking another sip of his drink. "However, it still doesn't beat Asgardian liquor."

Before Tony could go, Clint asked him, "Say, have you seen your mini-agents around?"

Tony didn't know what he was talking about. "Who?"

Clint almost rolled his eyes. Tony was easily distracted most of the times. "Allie and James."

His face filled with recognition. "Oh, right, my bad. Yeah, they're probably dancing around. They came with us here."