chapter sixteen

Okay, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR TAKING SO LONG.

I REALLY TRIED WRITING AN UPDATE WHEN I HAVE MY FREE TIME!! Lately, I just haven't had the inspiration to write another chapter no matter how much I force myself to do it. Anyway, I hope this makes up for the long time I'm gone (if not, the next chapter's going to be a lot better I promise).

Now, let's see what happens, shall we?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R S I X T E E N ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    

"So, are we going to talk about the kiss you gave me or not?"

Natasha spat out her water, which was gross by the way. Steve simply stared at her in shock, not expecting to gauge that kind of reaction from her.

"What?" She dumbly asked. 

Silence filled the elevator.

Steve shifted awkwardly.

Natasha waited for him to say something else. And just when she thought things couldn't get any worse... the elevator lurched to a stop.

It fucking stopped goddammit.

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me," she muttered under her breath.

—————————————————————————————   

"Come on, press it! Press it!"

"Let me do it!"

"No, get your hands away."

"Quit it, Allie!"

"Would you guys calm down—"

"Do it now!"

"Why are we shouting!?"

"Just press the damn button!"

James slammed his fist down on the emergency button.

As expected, the elevator shaft that Natasha and Steve were both in had stopped to a halt. For a second, nobody moved an inch. 

Cue the cricket sounds.

"Oh boy," Allie broke the silence, "we're going to be in so much trouble after this," Ironically, she couldn't the grin off her face.

"And they're going to love us for it," Tony smirked.

They turned their attention to the screen right in front of them. Just as they planned it to be, Steve was occupied to finding a way out while Natasha was busy pressing the emergency buttons, well, more like, pounding the emergency buttons.

James couldn't hold in his snicker.

Allie turned sideways and eyed him weirdly. "What?"

He grinned cheekily. "She's panicking."

Allie rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Captain Obvious." She turned to Tony. "So, now what?"

Tony leaned back on his chair. "Then we wait."

"We wait for dad to pry the doors open?"

Tony shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not. Let's see what happens."