Chapter-01

Chapter one

Lana sat lazily in the office chair, her eyes mindlessly wondering the quiet room.

She sat amongst twelve other empty chairs, two of which should've been filled.

She glanced once more at the clock up above, it ticked to itself, at first she found it peaceful but now she glared at it every time it made a sound.

Finally the tinted door opened and two men barged in, "Sir." Lana nodded, moving herself into a more formal position.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable in my delay." He remarked, her eyes rolled in response.

"Okay, sit down Kassian, I have important news." Kassian followed their leaders command silently, "I gave Kassian a quick summery of the following task." Sir Lloyd placed some paper work in front of the two, murmuring to himself as he decided which to show first.

"This here," he tapped a picture of a tall dark man, "is Doctor Sir James Martin, the founder of the CM1 serum and James memorial hospital."

Lana leaned forward to take a closer look, the man had a strong facial structure slightly ruined by age and an uncut beard.

"And this is his daughter, Isabella Martin; your new assignment." Lana's eyebrow hitched slightly, the task was odd, not quite what they were use to.

Lloyd pushed two folders towards both Kassian and Lana, "after this I have to fly out to London and I'll be out of reach for about a week, I need you two to look through this once I'm gone, it goes into more depth about this task then I'm going to do." Whether it was out of laziness or bad time management this was something Lloyd did often; never fully going into a tasks detail.

"Is this an undercover job?" Lana inquired, it was the most obvious option, but she still had to check.

"Sir James Martin has placed his daughter into the protection program for the next two months due to personal decisions," he tilted his glasses down and pointed to the folders, "explains that in there," he went on, "and so for the next three months you'll both be Isabella's prime guardians as lack of better words."

"We're going to be babysitting a teenager?" Lana slumped back into her chair, it was definitely not the most exciting job she'd had whilst working.

Lloyd gave her a bored look, "Just read the files, I have to go. The job pays well, and I'm sure you'll find it very enjoyable." He grabbed his suitcase before quickly heading for the door, "but if you mess this up, I will kill you both."

-&-

Kassian flicked through the file once more, checking through it to see if he'd missed anything, "Three months is quite long for this kind of job," Lana sat up more as she spoke, "I don't understand why her father didn't just hire a bodyguard instead."

Kassian shrugged, "I mean, if you'd finished reading the file you may understand a bit more," Lana huffed, "Doctor Martin is a world renowned Surgeon, and the founder of the C1M drug , he's got a lot of money so his daughter is an easy target to get at him,"

"Again, why doesn't he just have her bodyguards."

"If you read the fucking file, you'd know." He chucked the file at her before leaving.

Hello lovelies!

Hello lovelies!

What do you think? 🤔

Comment your thoughts and vote for more!

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love x

Vote and comment! X

🌟

D.S x