13. He's A Coat

-REVISED-

Chapter 13-Tuesday, Friday

"Where are you now getting back from missy?" Stephen yelled from the kitchen as I kicked the door shut behind me.

"Um," I shouted back "School?"

He then walked out with a plate stacked full of hypertension and gave me a flat look and I shrugged walking into the bedroom.

"My mom said we should bond more," He sounded like if he was cringing.

"Yeah 'cause that'll be the worst thing that'll ever happen to you right?" I snapped and said sarcastically slamming the bathroom door behind me, thank God it was idiot proof.

When I put on the shower to run I sat on the toilet and held my head in my hands then I heard something tap the door.

"Come on Nicola," He sounded frustrated "You know I didn't mean it like that..."

I didn't respond I just stripped my clothes off and stepped into the hot shower, flinching at first.

"You just don't get it..."

I continued to ignore him. I had too much going on at the moment and today was just so... ugh!

Firstly my best friend's sister who basically hates me is my new physics teacher. Secondly, I can't join the football team and thirdly I may or may not have kissed Keller and then been pried away by a glaring guard.

Que guay.

The remainder of the week I came home right after school and I never went to any of my physics class. Everyday Stephen and his friend would be slouching on the couch playing video games and I tried my best to avoid them.

It was Friday night, Stephen was out at a party—which I refused to attend—and I was home alone eating the remaining ice-cream sandwiches and reading fan fiction when the doorbell rang, I was expecting it to be Keller—pft, not that I told the guards to let him in the road if he came or anything—since I kind of, sort of, maybe invited him over seeing that it was a Friday night and Stephen wasn't home.

"Nicola, dear," My mother called from the other side of the door before I even placed my hand on the handle "Please open the door."

I was about to make a dick move and hide in the closet until she left. I just couldn't... deal with her right now.

"What?" I asked flatly through the closed door and I frantically looked around for my phone to text Keller to hold off for a bit.

"Darling, please open the door," She pleaded in her sickening accent, "It's freezing out here."

In other words I needed to open the door or she'd open it for me.

Nicleberry: change of plans, don't come until I call.

Kelsner: okay... why?

Nicleberry: the witch is in the tower o.o

Kelsner: huh?

I didn't respond because the door flew open and a very flushed queen and her two best guards made their way in so I locked my phone then wiped my hand on my shorts, suddenly becoming very self-conscious in my oversized band tee and my bralessness—I personally hated them.

"Hey," I said awkwardly closing the door behind me "What are you doing here, mom?"

Awkward chuckle, neck scratch and I was still a mannequin in front of the door.