16. He's Under The Shade

*New cover* yassssssss. Made by @shiirtless c: love love it so much I can't even                                                 

-REVISED-

Chapter 16- Sunday

"Keller?" I hummed staring at the ceiling, completely aware or his presence on my bed.

"Hmm?" he rolled onto his back.

"What are we?" the sleep was talking.

We were up for hours trying to crack what I started with Ali and Mark. Stephen was out as usual and wouldn't be back until tomorrow, well today seeing as it was around 1:00 a.m.

"We?" he sounded sleep induced as well, "We're just us. I guess."

I smiled at that and acknowledged it when his hand touched mine. I just breathed for a while, quietly existing with him. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to get out of this wedding thing and I'm running out of time. My birthday is in two weeks.

The next morning I woke up and Keller was already gone.

"Nicola," Carmo, Mark's sister called out to me when I was walking out of her class.

It was still awkward having her here teaching, well more like flirting. I groaned inwardly and spun around.

"Yeah?" I answered coolly, "Actually, I'm kind of busy and I really have to go..."

"Oh, it'll only take two minutes," she smiled tightly and I shifted uncomfortable as the last two students passed me by giving me strange looks. The guards stepped outside without a sideways glance in my directions. Bastards.

"I really don't want to be here doing this," she whispered hurriedly, "So listen closely, okay."

My eyebrows were knotted together but I nodded slowly, I really hope this isn't a trick.

"I know how you can put off this whole wedding thing," she continued in her hushed tone and her eyes shifted to mine quickly, "At the rehearsal dinner, you'll know what to do. I'll set up everything, all you'll have to do is pull a cord."

"Why... why are you doing this?" I gave her a confused look searching her eyes for any sign of deception.

"Well," her tone was hesitant but business like "I always loved Stephen and I don't want him spending his life with someone he doesn't even like."

Ouch.

I blinked slowly at her and she was already back to ignoring me. I had a really bad feeling about this whole rehearsal dinner thing.

"What the hell does she mean by 'you'll know what to do'?" Ali flopped backwards on my bed "Mark, I swear your sister throws more shade than a coconut tree at sunset."

"What...?" I grimaced at her and Mark rolled his eyes "I don't know what she means but it feels all wrong."

"My guess is that she's going to have sex with Stephen and have you expose them," I coughed "What?! She did say that she loved him!"

"Mark?" I said narrowing my eyes at him "Why are you so quiet?"

"Hmm?" why was he even trying, he was a really bad actor "Oh, I just gotta, you know..."

He pointed at the bedroom door and started backing away as if I was going to tackle him.

"Mark!" I yelled out of frustration, "I'm not running after you. Act your age for once, ugh!

"Don't even start..." Ali groaned and flipped onto her stomach.

"Really, Nicola," He walked into the door way red in the face, "Really? You wanna go there?"

"Yes, I am going to 'go there'!" I yelled at him coldly, "This is so fucking serious and all you're doing is dodging and acting like you just escaped day care! Oh my God! Can you just be serious for five minutes?!"

"When did you get so serious?!" He snapped "Acting all high and mighty because you're going to be a queen? Or was it this guy? You slept with him didn't you? I wouldn't doubt it!"

My stomach dropped at that last bit and I spun around before he could see my eye's water.

"Nicola loo—

"I think you should leave," I ignored Ali's worried stares as I walked past the bed to the bathroom "Not the house. Cantura, I mean."

--

A/N

Short but w.e I just HAD to get something up. 14+K whaaaatt????!!!!! Guys that's crazy!!!! Gaahhh I just love you all so much for reading!!! What do you think Carmo is planning? Just a few more chapters to go! Eeep! This has been a very long and stressful experience. But gahh!!

Xoxo,

*03/08/15

I'm done with all the revisions c: (tried to make it a bit better).

I would wait forever and ever...