14. He's In Need Of A Solution

-REVISED-

                                                                 Chapter 14- Friday, (three weeks later) Monday

My head shot up from Keller's shoulder in sudden realisation of how heavy this situation really was, and the thing that was annoying me the most was the fact that the information was being dangled right in front of my face. Everyone knew.

"Oh my God," I looked at Keller who had his gaze set on our hands.

"Mmm?" he hummed lifting his bright brown eyes to meet mine.

"Stephen's..." I lowered my voice realising how it echoed through the scanty hallway, "Stephen's gay... Oh my God... mom's going to kill me."

"Your mother will kill you because the sexual orientation of her soon to be son-in-law? Because it threatens the wealth of her country?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Nicola dear, you could have been a tad bit more attractive. Nicola darling, why did you have to be so indifferent? You should have loved him right! I'm done... I'm so done with you right now." I mimicked my mother's accent in a falsetto.

"There's no right is there?" both of his eyebrows were up.

"Of course there isn't," frustrated I tugged at my hair in annoyance.

"What the hell am I going to do Keller?" I bit my lip, never breaking our mini stare off.

I was really hoping to avoid Stephen for as long as possible but seeing as we are supposedly getting 'married' that kind of complicated things a bit. I mean, it's awkward, we haven't seen each other since last night and now we were sitting side by side as the guards drove us to go meet the wedding planner. I still had no idea when this wedding thing was.

The whole day Nena had me trying on dresses—when I say dresses I meant hundreds—while Stephen looking bored and tortured, never even glanced at me long enough to meet my eyes.

We went like this for a few weeks, it wasn't hard seeing as he was never home when I was. The unbearable thing was sitting next to him every Saturday on our way to pretending we were in love and you know what was so sick about all of this? Stephen acted as though nothing was wrong when we left. He never uttered a word about that Friday night.

I told Ali the Sunday morning after the incident when I was in the bathtub, yes, she did seem squeamish and awkward due to my nakedness and the news I had told her. She went on and on about how it was a pity that he was gay, but then again most gay men are very gorgeous.

It was the third week since the incident with Stephen I finally got him alone.

It's Monday night and I was up all night waiting for him to come back since he usually makes his appearances when I'm at school or sleeping. It was around one a.m. so he probably thought I was off dreaming about doing stuff with Keller.

"Stephen," I pleaded softly as he closed the door behind him softly.

The lights were off and I probably scared the shit out of him because I heard something bump then a hiss.