3. The Rockstar Stance

My stomach was rumbling loudly! I suddenly realized that I hadn't had anything to eat since early that morning.

Jamie heard my insides screeching, "Heya there!" he laughed, "you sound hungry! Wanna go for something to eat?"

I nodded, "Please!"

We got up from the bench, "We're going on a food run. Anybody want anything?" Jamie asked the others who started bellowing out all kinds of different orders.

As we had gotten a few feet away from the other guys, Jamie turned to me and laughed, "my treat, since you're the idiot who didn't bring any cash to a festival"

"You're the best," I said and wrapped my arms around him while still walking. I hadn't realized just how drunk I was until that. Sober me would never have done that to a guy she had just met. Jaime, however, didn't seem to mind and just laughed at me.

Suddenly, I felt a heavy arm landing on my shoulder. I looked up to see a smiling Alex at my left.

"Thought I would help you guys carry some stuff – plus I promised Miles I would bring back something for him".

It wasn't really the best first-hand impression I had gotten of Alex but I was definitely starting to warm up a bit to him now. He had started joking with the rest of us and had definetly discarded his sour attitude from earlier. On the food run, Alex talked and talked and shot cute compliments at me from time to time. I laughed wholeheartedly at his jokes and he beemed back at me, looking awfully proud of myself. By the time we returned to the others with plenty of burgers for everyone, I was directly hoping for Alex to sit next to me.

I ate in silence, just listening to and laughing at the guys' stories – they had all known each other since childhood - well, apart from Miles who they'd met while touring with Miles' band The Rascals a few years ago.

"So, I think I'm gonna go out and listen to some music," Matt said as we were done eating, making me realize that I had been an entire day at Coachella without really seeing anything of the festival.

"Yeah, I'll join you," I said and the rest of the guys chimed in.

Soon after, we were out of the backstage area and found ourselves surrounded by people - or commoners as Miles kept referring them as.

"The National is playing over there," Jamie squealed like a school girl and half-ran towards the sound of some alternative rock song.

"I don't really care for The National," Alex said to me with a shrug, "Wanna go for some drinks?"

I nodded to him. I wanted to keep my buzz, "one thing though; I don't have any money," I laughed at him, "I only brought me credit card."

Alex laughed, "You'll just have to thirst then, won't you," he laughed at me and I gave him a small slap on the shoulder. It made him pout a little. He actually was a bit cute, wasn't he?

We were standing in line at a bar when I suddenly realized that Alex had been wearing his huge aviators all day long and that I had no idea what his eyes looked like.

"The sun is setting, you know?" I laughed at him

He shot me a puzzled look.

"...the sunglasses?" I said, smiling at him.

"You don't like the sunglasses?" He was still smiling but he sounded a bit hurt.

"I do! I was just wondering why you still wear them."

He bit his lower lip hestitantly, "alright - but I'll let you know that I don't take these off for just anyone," he mocked me.

"Hopefully that won't be the only thing you'll be taking off just for me tonight," I said in an overly sensual tone, mocking him back.