14. Last Night

"I seriously don't want to leave for San Francisco tomorrow," I groaned in between kisses with Alex.

We were lying on the bed in Alex and Miles' room in nothing but our swimwear. Neither of us had any idea where the other guys had gone after they had left the beach which must've been hours ago.

"Then don't," Alex said, kissing me softly while drawing circles on my stomach with his finger, "stay here."

"I can't. Do you have any idea how much money I've spent on this trip?"

"Yeah well, you can't put a price on friendship," he grinned, "at least not a friendship like this."

I sighed. I wanted to stay with here with the guys. With Alex. But I didn't want to go back to England in a few weeks, only having seen a few bars along with the inside of the guys' hotel rooms.

"Hey," he said, lifting up my chin, "you don't have to go - you know that right? I can pay for your trip."

"You shouldn't pay for my trip," I snorted.

"Perks of being friends with a bloody rockstar, eh? I can cover the costs - its chicken-feed to me! And anyway, I hear San Francisco is HORRIBLE," he joked.

"Oh yeah? How?"

"Well, there's all these horribly coloured houses - not charming at all! There's a stinky fish market with the ugliest sealions you've ever seen. Not to mention some boring old prison nobody has ever heard of," he said in a dramatic voice.

I laughed at him, "I don't want to hear your fake tales of San Francisco!"

He grinned from ear to ear, "fake tales of San Francisco," he repeated absentmindedly and went quiet for a few seconds. He had stopped moving completely and stared at nothing in particular.

"What?" I asked him

"Huh?...oh, nothing - why don't you shower first? I have to write something down while I remember it."

-

I was drunk. Drunk on Jameson and Alex' affections. We had decided not to say anything to the other guys as we didn't want to draw any attention towards our....situation. I was leaving tomorrow. No need to stir up things again.

In my opinion, Alex and I were hiding everything quite well. Apart from the stolen glances here and there, we behaved as we had done in the past couple of days.

I had left the guys to themselves in the living room while I went to the bathroom to fix my hair and apply some make up before going out. I heard a knock on the door and immediately assumed it was Alex who had come to make out with me, "I was gone for five minutes, did you really miss me tha - oh it's you.."

"Yeah, who did you expect?" Matt grinned, "a sulking rockstar that doesn't go anywhere without his custom made Aviators?" He put on a very Alex-like pout and ran his hand through his hair like Alex always did.

"You're an idiot," I laughed.

"So what's up with you and Al?" Matt asked me before he took a big gulp of his glass of Jameson, "we're all dying to know."

I contemplated not telling him anything, but eventually decided to spill the beans as Matt seemed quite interested in making it work for Alex and I, "You know what? I'm actually not sure," I grinned, "he was quite cute today.."

"Oh yeah? What happened after we all left?"

"Well...you know. We just kissed a little."

"A little?" Matt huffed, "that wasn't a little. You were practically eating his face!"