13. Dusk Swim

Nick didn't show up until later in the evening when we were having pizza and drinking beer on the beach, still in our swim suits.

He was grinning from ear to ear as he approached us and immediately started talking about this amazing girl, Kelly, he had spent the entire day (and night) with.

"I didn't even want to leave," he said, "she's just so cool!"

"Good on ya, mate," Miles said padding him on the back, "I couldn't wait to kick out the girl I woke up next to. She was horrible - but what a shag!"

Alex laughed at Miles' remark but I couldn't really see the fun in that. Poor girl.

-

The rest of the guys went back to the hotel little by little until it was only Alex and me left on the beach.

"Do you want to go back too?" I asked him.

"Naah, not really," he said, "I like it here."

"Yeah me too," I said, lying down trying to soak up the day's last few rays of sunshine. It wasn't long before the sun had set completely.

"I guess that's it for today then," I said as I started to gather my belongings.

"Where are you going?" Alex said.

"Back to the hotel?" I said, "It's getting dark."

"Oh yeah? I think I want to go for a swim in the ocean before we return to the others. Want to join?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm not going to kiss you in the sunset as if we're in some cheesy movie, Alex."

"Hey, I heard you loud and clear this morning. You're not interested. Just friends, right?"

I sighed, "what happened to how cocky you were when you said that I would come around?"

"That was ages ago," he smiled, "come on; care for a friendly swim in the ocean before we get proper pissed on Jameson and beer?" he asked me, dragging out the word 'friendly'.

"Yeah, I guess," I sighed and followed him into the waves. Even though i didn't want to go bathing - and especially not alone with him - I had to show Alex that I was capable of doing this friend-thing with him.

We swam around for a bit, looking at the sunset. You could have cut the tension between us with a knife. I knew what he was thinking. And I was guessing he knew exactly what I was thinking too.

Alex suddenly dived and emerged much closer to me than I had expected.

"Daaa-DAM!" he was humming the theme from Jaws, "the great white Brit stalks its prey," he said mimicking Steve Irwin's accent.

"Stop it," I laughed.

He dived again and resurfaced on the other side of me, "DAAAAA-DAM," he sang, a bit louder than before, "he has been watching her all day, deciding on when to give her the blowing strike."

I continued laughing.

He dived again

"Alex, sto-o-p! I pleaded, still amused.

"The Great Brit will stop at no cost. It always gets what it wants."

Alex was right in front of me now. He stood up, flipped his hair out of his face and put his arms around me.

"Alex, I'm serious, stop," I said. I knew exactly what he wanted.

"Come on, love, I know you want to," he grinned, "you don't have to pretend no more. I get that you were upset with me before but I have spent these past few days thinking of nothing but touching you," his hands caressed my hips.

"Alex, this wasn't what we agreed on," I muttered, pulling his hands off me.

"Who cares about what we agreed on?" He said, suddenly very serious.

"I do... We're just friends," I said as I bit my lip.

"So you wont mind if I go on a date with that bird from the bar, huh?"

"No I won't," I lied. Even I could hear how unconvincing I sounded.

Alex raised his eyebrows at me. "Well, I'm glad to hear that because she asked me out on a date. I'm seeing her tomorrow"

"You are?" I gulped.

"I can cancel it if you want me to," he said, playing with a strand of my hair, "just say the words and I'm all yours."

He was toying with me. Goddamn Alex Turner and his wicked charms.

"What about the coke?" I asked him, "Are you done?"

"Yeah...I'll try"

"You'll try?"

He gulped, "I'm done. Alright? It's over...I don't have anything lying around anymore. I haven't taken anything since that night" He looked at me for a few seconds. His eyes looked bigger, darker, and deeper than I had ever seen them before. His wet eyelashes made his gaze so intense that I couldn't bring myself to look away, "If it's between you and the coke. I'm choosing you." He had his hands on my hips again and it was making me dizzy.

"Cancel your date," I whispered without breaking eye contact.

His face erupted in a grin, "You sure?" he asked me with a smirk.

"Don't make me regret this," I said and put my hand on the nape of his neck.

"Trust me, I won't," he said before his lips came crashing down on mine.

It was the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced. All those mixed feelings from the past few days were relieved in that kiss with him. I pulled at his hair, forced my body closer to his. His hands didn't stray around on my body as they had done at Coachella, but were kept firmly in place at my waist before they slowly slid down my body, coming to a rest on my bum.

I bit his lip and tugged some more on his hair which made him groan, "fuck Rhea, I'm losing my mind here," he said and pressed his bottom half up against me. I could feel his growing erection touching up against me playfullt as he kissed my neck and jawline with hunger.

"Alex," I moaned. That seemed to make him lose his mind completely, squeezing my bum uncontrollably, pressing his body even closer to mine.

Our kisses became more and more sloppy, teeth colliding, his lips all over my face - my lips all over his face I'm sure.

"Fuck Rhea," he groaned, and I realised that I had wrapped my legs around his waist so he was now holding up my weight. I pulled his hair some more, and he closed his eyes in satisfaction. His hips were thrusting slowly, telling me what he wanted to do to me. But we never discarded our swimwear.

We stood there, kissing and petting heavily until I could feel the goosebumps emerge on Alex' skin.

"You're freezing," I whispered against his ear.

"I don't mind," he said with a teethy grin, "definetely worth it."

"Come, let's go," I tugged at his arm and he followed me back on shore like a puppy.