4

Harry held my heart. He would squeeze it without realizing.

We were walking down the street, heading to a store to get snacks. Isabell called with an emergency, so Harry had to leave. I understood. I always do.

I hate that I have to convince myself it's okay whenever Harry has something else planned. I know I'm not the center of his world, but trying to get that mind set all the time has proven to be a bitch.

"Lou, you've been spacing out lately."

I looked up from my notes that I had been blankly staring at. "Been busy with ideas." My go to excuse. I write books, but lately it's been a lot of romance that I've been keeping about Harry.

"When am I going to see these books you have? You keep saying later."

I laughed. "When I have more than two chapters for each one. Suddenly its just an idea with little thought."

Harry smiled and shook his head. "Maybe if you could ever settle down that head of yours."

I shrugged, both of us going back to the tutoring session, looking at our notes and marking questions we have.

It's the usual routine. Something I gratefully enjoy. I am always hanging out Fridays, Mondays we go to his house until a program for college that him, Isabell and I all go to. Tuesday's and Thursdays were tutoring after school for an hour. Wednesday I volunteered at the dog shelter, and Harry usually did it with me. But lately Harry had been skipping days.

Nothing I shouldn't expect. Who would really spend their Wednesday afternoon with dozens of adorable puppies when you can spend time with their perfect girlfriend?

I really need to relax. I focused on the words, forcing myself to try to study for the test on Thursday.

Isabell came and sat next to Harry, and Harry kissed her cheek. "Hey, Lou." Her voice was soft and smooth.

I lifted my eyes and put on my best smile. "Hey, Isabell. How's your project going?"

Her eyes lit up, smiling.  She loved talking about school. "Its going great! I've got about 65 books now, so we only need 35 more books to get to our goal, and we started painting today."

I smiled. 

Harry kissed the side of her head. "See, you don't need to worry about it." He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

I forced my eyes away and to my notes.  They could be all couple-y without me as an audience.

I got up to sign out since the hour was almost up, deciding that it would keep some distance from the both of them.

As I was hoping, when I headed to pick up my stuff, Harry and Isobell were packed up and heading to sign out, leaving me to pack up.

When we were done we met up in the hall and went to Harry's car. He gave me rides since we lived close to each other and both of us driving seemed wasteful.

I sat in the back of the car, my bag in my lap with an earbud in. I looked out the window as Harry talked to Isabell and held her hand and played with her fingers while driving.

I would glance at then every few seconds, my bottom lip in between my  teeth. I was trying not to focus on them.

Harry pulled in front of my house, and I smiled.  "See ya later, Harabell."

Harry shook his head and I knew Isabell would be smiling.