7

Isabell sat down with me one day when Harry stayed home sick. We were friends.

"Lou, have you been feeling okay?" She asks, setting her tray down across from me.

"Yeah, never better. Why?" I smiled at her as I ate a carrot stick.

"You've seem... distracted lately. And by someone we both know."

Alarms went off in my head. I cocked it to the side and gave her a lopsided grin. "You and Harry in the same week." I chuckled. "I'm not dating this semester. I'm leaving for college in just over three months." Just after the new year.

"Its not someone that's just gonna let you leave, Lou. I know you know who I'm talking about." Her tone wasn't snotty and rude. It was understanding and comforting.

I felt the small ball of fear that's always in my stomach start to grow. "I don't think I do." She can't know. There's no way she knows.

She bit her lip and looked down. "Yeah, never mi- No." She looked at me after inhaling deeply. "Do you like Harry?"

I looked at her in the eyes. I could only hope that nothing gave away the fear that filled me. "No," my voice was steady. "He's just my friend. My best friend."

Isabell bit her lip and chewed on it. "I'm not mad, I'm not going to get jealous and tell him in a fight. If you tell me, it's safe."

Why would I come out to you before my best friend?

"I'm not gay, I'm not bi. And I am not into my best friend." It came out too harsh, and by the small smile on her face, I had given it away.

I wanted to scream. If she told  anyone, and it go to my parents...

"I swear if you tell him or anyone else, I'm doomed, okay? Like it isn't okay to tell anyone."

She smiled at me. "Lou, I'm not gonna tell anyone. I'm the last person to spread rumors."

I was letting my life rest in her hands. Yes, I knew her, Harry had been daring her for almost a year now. But I didn't even dare to tell Harry I was into guys. How the hell did I allow for her to get this information?

I stood up, gripping my tray. "I need to go."

"Louis-" she started, but I shook my head.

"I really need to go. And don't tell Harry about any of this. Not the freak out, not the weird confession you got from me, nothing. Hell for all he knows I didn't even show for lunch."

I was rambling, trying to get everything out before I had to stay a few seconds longer than needed.

"Louis, I'm not going-"

I walked away then, my hands shaking slightly as I dumped my tray. I fisted my hands and kept them by my side before walking out the door and off campus, willing to deal with the ass chewing later.

"I'm going to die."