9

Isabell smiled when I sat down for lunch with her and Harry the next day. His arm was wrapped around her as she picked at a salad. "Plans after school?"

I shook my head and she beamed brightly. "Good, you can come to the arcade with us!"

I smiled although I didn't want to smile. "I don't have any money right now," I lied. I didn't want to see them be all coupley and have Harry win her a prize or something.

"Don't get a choice," Harry said, his voice drawing my attention.

"I hate when you pay for me," I reminded, adding the bun to my hamburger. It wouldn't change it, I just had to remind him.

"And I don't care. My car after school. We'll drop you off here to get yours after."

And the plans have been made. Isabell had a smirk on her face as she looked down, obviously happy with the outcome. I bit into my burger and wonder what she had planned, because the only thing would mean exposing my secret.

"Did you hear about the States passing the Equal Marriage Right?" Harry asked, downing a fry in ketchup.

"Yeah, I think it's great," Isabell said, looking directly at me.

"My parents aren't too fond of it, " I said, fully planning on leaving it at that.

"But what do you think?" Harry asked.

"I've always supported the community."

Harry grinned. "Good."

***
I sat in the back seat while Harry drove and Isabell sat shotgun, playing D.J.

The drive was a bit long, the good arcade being a town over. We got there quickly though, and Harry got a load full of tokens for the games. I watched as Harry looked around the block long arcade. This town took arcades seriously.

I grabbed a few and made my way to the shooting game. Harry and Isabell went in another direction, most likely not noticing my absence, which is what I preferred.

I would rather let them enjoy Harry's money and have a good date night then have all their attention on me.

I got quite a few points, which gave me a few tickets. I smiled and went to collect them.

As I stood up I saw all the couples that were in the area, which was 2 out of every 3 people I saw. My heart sank a little, a vision of Harry holding my hand and smiling popping into my head.

I smiled then made myself stop thinking about it. In my fantasy land, Harry was all mine. In reality, I had to face the truth.

And I couldn't afford to let them mix.

I went to a few other games, and after an hour or so I got a text from Harry.

Harry:
Where did you go?

I looked and saw them, so I headed that way.

Louis:
I got distracted by the balloons

It's totally something I'd do. Harry turned and smiled when he saw me. I waved and put my phone away, hurrying over to them. I wasn't even mad they didn't notice sooner, I was hoping it would have been longer.

I walked besides Harry, not saying much as they talked about that their final year was in high school.

"I'm ready to start a life," Harry said, wrapping his arm tighter around Isabell's waist.

She smiled, then glanced at me. "Me too." I saw the apology in her eyes and I looked away.

There's nothing to be sorry for.

"I just want to escape this small town."

No one bother to correct that we were in a different town than what I ment. They both got the picture.

"We all want to," Harry said, glancing at me then Isabell. "And we will. Louis sooner than others," he grinned at me, "but we all will."

I couldn't help but nod. "Yeah."

We stopped and got food at a vendor. It wasn't too horribly expensive, which I was glad about.

Harry and Isabell smiled and whispered to each other, small kisses between laughs. I wanted to run off, instead I took to people watching.

An older lady was sitting on a bench with a small boy, who had an Ice cream. He happily ate it while she watched, a small amused smile on her face.

A mother pushed a stroller, struggling with a bit while the girl tried to be good and hang onto the stroller while her brother misbehaved.

"Ready?" Harry asked, and I nodded, standing. We headed back, relief that the night was almost over, and I could sulk in peace.