Chapter 9

It's been weeks of the same thing. The library is open again so I've been working, but when I'm not I'm with Dallas. And it's great. Every second of it. But the more time I spend with him and the more I like him, the more I want to tell Darry. Darry is my best friend, he always has been. I've always told him everything. Heck, I've always told Soda, Pony, and Darry everything. This is killing me. I have to tell him.

"Dallas can we talk?" I asked as we walked back from the library.

"Yeah baby what's up?"

"I want to tell the gang about us, I mean like I want to get Darry's permission. This secrecy thing is killing me." I confessed and he only put his arm around me.

"Look, if Darrel says he's cool with it, does that officially make you my girl?" He asked smirking at me.

"If he's okay then yeah. I mean, if the whole gang is okay with it. I just feel like Darry is going to be the hardest to get on board." I explained.

"What about Soda? He's pretty annoyingly protective too. Plus y'all have a little history going on." The last sentence was said with an annoyed and jealous tone.

"I think he'll be okay with it. I just have to find out."

"Alright baby, you're the boss." He winked at me making me smile and role my eyes. We arrived at about 2:30. Which was usually when everyone was still gone. We walked in the empty house and Dally grabbed me immediately and turned me towards him kissing me. I smiled into the kiss and then started laughing.

"I'm crazy about you. You know that?" He said dangerously and seductively. Making me feel like I was going into withdraw without his lips on mine. I was addicted to Dallas Winston.

About an hour later Buck knocked on the door telling Dally he needed his help with something. Dal left telling me he'd be back as soon as he could.

While Dal was gone Darry came home early. "Hey what are you doing here so soon?"

"Got off early cause we finished the house we were working on." He said getting a water out of the refrigerator.

"Darry we need to talk." I blurted out nervously.

He turned around and looked at me. "Is this talk going to explain why you and Johnny and Pony and Dal have been acting so strange?" He asked taking a drink of water.

"Yes." Was all I could say.

He just looked at me like he was waiting for the rest but I couldn't find the words. Finally I thought, whatever happens. It's going to be okay. It has to be.

"Me and Dallas have been seeing each other. And Ponyboy and Johnny knew about it. They saw us kissing and I made Pony promise not to tell you. Darry I'm sorry I've keeping this from you. You're my best friend and I love you but Dally and I were just scared. We didn't know what you'd say." I took a deep breath after finishing my confession. And he just looked at me. I couldn't read his expression.

"How do you feel about him?" He finally asked.

"I'm crazy about him." Was my honest answer.

"Does he uh," he started trying to find the words, "treat you right?" He finally asked.

"Yes. Darry he's amazing to me."

He nodded and walked over to me. It was silence as he thought about our conversation. I know he was worried. I was like his little sister. And seeing me with someone with a criminal record couldn't be easy. But he loved Dally. And he trusted my judgment.

"Okay. Okay. As long as your happy." He looked up at me and smiled and I ran and hugged him.

"I am. I promise."